• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 95 - For Psp

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
Windows 95:
win95psp.jpg

pspminesweeper.jpg

pspstartmenu.jpg

DLX Linux:
psplinux.jpg

Back in the day of Windows 95, the slow Dial up Connection and 90's Music like Blur and Oasis I Loved my Windows 95. I thought it was amazing. Then around 2000 it was probably the slowest thing around. Steam powered metal grey box that i owned (or my parents did, Payed Two thousand Pounds for it!!) was Bollocks if i must be crude. Although a few months ago I found myself across a rather peculiar website, that claimed to have Windows 95 Running on a 1.50 PSP. I'm Certainly not doubting this is possible but I was Intrigued by it and had a sudden feeling of nostalgia. The website claims that DLX Linux can be run and a few other OS' can also be run with the use of an emulator called x86 Bochswith apperntly has been ported over to the Psp. This is Definitely not a crappy browser based job and looks quite intersting.

Apparently there is no Keyboard support (other than the Virtual one) and the analogue stick is deemed useless aswell. I have tired and failed to put this on my Psp, it is far too complected for a lad of 14 but please feel free to have a good go yourself! Although i do warn you, it looks like it would take around 10 minutes to load!

The Website that has all the information + a guide on how to do it is :http://www.hacker.co.il/psp/bochs/

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I've seen this when I was researching before I got my PSP, I might try this... I WILL TRY THIS.:biggrin:

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
Looks Interesting Doesn't it!
Haha Self confidence Cheezeball99!
I've tried and failed so let me know how you!

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Okay, I'll try later today.

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
I have this and I must say! it is slow as heck!

and btw...

#OLD
Yeah, I know its way old but i just thought I'd tell everyone :smile:
is it ok though, i know its slow aswell...
hard to install?

Darkchild

The Doctor
not hard, you have to install it in an old PC and them make an image out of the hard drive and use in the EMU, and yes it's slow. Moving the mouse sucks, no keyboard support...d00d...forget it xD