• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Post your Firefox Theme

Chathurga

Fairly obvious what goes down in this thread, post pictures of your Firefox theme if you have one. And if you've customized it to a high extent, maybe post instructions on how to reproduce your theme.

Here's mine so far, updated version of the one I posted in the Desktop thread a few months ago.

Here's what mine looks like (at 800x600 resolution):

Fulscreen:
14ncjk0.png

Windowed:
69l5ki.png

I'll post intructions for twelve later, I think he used the old theme :p

twelve

I'm not dead
I'll post intructions for twelve later, I think he used the old theme :p
Please do :D

Losing the top bar makes all the difference. Although I'll still end up tweeking it as I find a few of the extra buttons that you removed useful. As you'll see here:

Untitled.png

Chathurga

Please do :D

Losing the top bar makes all the difference. Although I'll still end up tweeking it as I find a few of the extra buttons that you removed useful. As you'll see here:

[qimg]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c71/nvqphil/forums/Untitled.png[/qimg]

Yeah losing buttons was my biggest problem with my version but the new one groups all the menu bars you could need into a customizable dropdown menu like this:
2nb4jua.png

Overall, a lot more space and more functionality.

Moose

Meta Moose
I had a simple Chrome theme on my FF, but I've started using Chrome now, it seems to load pages faster for me. Also, whenever I have heavily skinned FF it takes a long time to load which is painful. Speed isn't something I'm willing to sacrifice. :p

twelve

I'm not dead
I had a simple Chrome theme on my FF, but I've started using Chrome now, it seems to load pages faster for me. Also, whenever I have heavily skinned FF it takes a long time to load which is painful. Speed isn't something I'm willing to sacrifice. :p
Skinned FF hasn't made any noticeable difference to me. It always takes a long time for the initial load after booting windows, but so does any program more advanced than notepad.

I've also started using chrome too as picture heavy threads on the primera owners club load badly in firefox (will only show 40 or so pictures the rest are white space). Chrome does seem to be a bit faster at loading pages too but every site with flash ads crashes the browser (I know it's not my PC as it does it on my work PC as well), plus it uses the IE proxy which I can't change at work so 90% of websites are blocked. FoxyProxy on firefox means I can still view every website that I want to.

Moose

Meta Moose
It would take an average of 4-7 seconds to load FF when skinned, otherwise it would take about 1. :p So far I have managed very well without FF plugins. I imagine at some point a plugin will be released or shown to me that will make me return to FF though.

twelve

I'm not dead
If flash ads didn't crash Chrome or it gets a way to block ads I might move onto using it.

For now I'll happily skin FF. I'm currently working on my current skin so might not need Chat's instructions :p

Moose

Meta Moose
Flash ads load fine for me (well, it hasn't ever crashed for me and I'm pretty sure I have been on websites which have flash ads). We will see...