• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pandora battery

NYGIANTS

I was making a pandora then I cut to deep and it started sparking and smoke came out. Can I still use it? No visible damage was done but im scared too try it. HELP!!!:eek:

Adiuvo

No, you can't. Smoke is never a good sign.

Leecher

When I hardmodded my battery, no smoke or sparking was involved. This usually means that you did something wrong during the process, so I believe that your battery is ruined.

NYGIANTS

When I hardmodded my battery, no smoke or sparking was involved. This usually means that you did something wrong during the process, so I believe that your battery is ruined.

Yea I bearly touch a metal box. Thats all.

Perfect-skillz

if he wants to try, let him try it!!!!

i tell you that I destroyed on of my batteries trying to do a pandora's battery
but what are the safty devices put on the LI-Ion battery for, to pervent over/under charging and to if a short occurs, to render useless and to reset until short clears.

so if he wants let him put it together and try it in his psp, it will not hurt the system, it may, but i doubt it! :tup: it's at his own risk that he does this anyway.

aaa801

lion has a safty cutout so u can proberly still launch the pandora mode without tyhe actual baattery

Adiuvo

It probably won't work. Most fake batteries are just three AA batteries with an adaptor. Hence, there's no EEPROM to flash.

Perfect-skillz

did you actually cut the cell?? or the chip??? if it's only the chip you can pop it in, if it's the cell, don't it may catch leak.
but from only having no visable damage, your good, don't worry, the most that'll happen it either will not turn on, charge, or show correct power statistics. but my guess it'll be good, it will not blow up or catch fire or even short the system. :tup: :tup: :tup:

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I had a similar thing happen. It was REALLLLYYY humid and I went a little too deep, then from what I can tell it shorted out and fried. If it is shorted out it is done.

NYGIANTS

did you actually cut the cell?? or the chip??? if it's only the chip you can pop it in, if it's the cell, don't it may catch leak.
but from only having no visable damage, your good, don't worry, the most that'll happen it either will not turn on, charge, or show correct power statistics. but my guess it'll be good, it will not blow up or catch fire or even short the system. :tup: :tup: :tup:

i think i just moved the metal box. i still havent opened it all the way. but i threw it way.

Perfect-skillz

well I guess this thread is now dead!!!! :tup: