• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

umPC

James.

User Not Found
I'm looking for a ultra mobile pc.
No price range, but it must have at least 1 usb port. Have wi-fi and run tf2.
If I have to, i'll go to a small laptop.
:)

Tommi

Sullivan

I don't think netbooks would be fun to play tf2 on...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
You won't be able to find any UMPC's that are able to run TF2 properly. Most UMPC's have either an Intel GMA-500 or 900 integrated GPU. Then you get into the Netbook world, but that too is not looking good. TF2 has been said to be more CPU intensive than other Source-based games, and as such won't run well on an Intel Atom processor.

Your best bet would be to look into an Asus N10 - although it's a little expensive for a netbook (when looking at it with the dedicated video card). Sadly there is no "small" device that can seem to play TF2 that well yet

Tommi

You won't be able to find any UMPC's that are able to run TF2 properly. Most UMPC's have either an Intel GMA-500 or 900 integrated GPU. Then you get into the Netbook world, but that too is not looking good. TF2 has been said to be more CPU intensive than other Source-based games, and as such won't run well on an Intel Atom processor.

Your best bet would be to look into an Asus N10 - although it's a little expensive for a netbook (when looking at it with the dedicated video card). Sadly there is no "small" device that can seem to play TF2 that well yet

Could always try setting the runsettings (via steam) to -dxlevel 80.....

James.

User Not Found
Thanks guys, I think I'll wait untill the technology improves. You just dont know nowadays, could be tomorrow, could be next year :)

yy3gp

Lifebook U1010
Intel A110 800MHz
Intel 945GU+ICH7U
1024MB DDR2 400
ATA-100,1.8' 4200 40GB
5.6 inch WSVGA 1024

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
James, the nvidia ion platform is coming out for netbooks/nettops soon

that would let you play tf2 and other games quite well

no umpc's though :(

LocutusEstBorg

Forget about a UMPC for TF2. Not gonna happen any time soon. Get a netbook with an ExpressCard slot and buy an external graphics card.