• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEN-A

Contributer
WOOT,that's kinda funny that he release it tomorrow (tuesday),but I still don't want Davee rushing things for us,better that you're waiting two months for example and then get a really good HEN then he'll release it today with all kinda of bugs in it.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM EST ----------

if dosbox doesn't require mm3 files then yes it will

Well on IRC Davee did say that he would release the HEN even if it contains small bugs because he may be doing a revision of the HEN to fix bugs or add functions.

Someone Correct me if I am wrong please :).

agaroud9

Well on IRC Davee did say that he would release the HEN even if it contains small bugs because he may be doing a revision of the HEN to fix bugs or add functions.

I know that already but I just want to say that Davee shouldn't rush things up for us,but if it's just little bugs and it will be fixed in a other update of him then yes let the HEN come tomorrow!!

irekski

just irekski

more or less its like that... for one davee is only human... he cant take out all the bugs... but he did manage to take out most or all major bugs which is a good thing :)... today is tuesday and my hands are tingling with excitement... :p

Strif3

I know that already but I just want to say that Davee shouldn't rush things up for us,but if it's just little bugs and it will be fixed in a other update of him then yes let the HEN come tomorrow!!

Seriously ppl say that all the time now, more opinions dont rly matter, no offence.

HEN-A

Contributer
If I read your post correctly I guess you are saying that out opinions dont make the HEN come any faster :D.Which is true.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM EST ----------

more or less its like that... for one davee is only human... he cant take out all the bugs... but he did manage to take out most or all major bugs which is a good thing :)... today is tuesday and my hands are tingling with excitement... :p

It's Tuesday where you are?? what area UK?

Strif3

yea 200+ pages of opinions on things like I trust Davee, or i hope it will b released tomorrow or, Davee shudnt rush.....

Its getting old now. Ur opinion doesnt matter.

HEN-A

Contributer
Well I can understand people feeling hopeful and wanting to express there opinions and feelings.

But I guess we are just posting it in the wrong thread.

irekski

just irekski
If I read your post correctly I guess you are saying that out opinions dont make the HEN come any faster :D.Which is true.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM EST ----------

It's Tuesday where you are?? what area UK?

gmt+8 hahah.. its 12am in davees area i guess LOL

pcstalljr said:
well to be honest. :p thats why im learning as much about the HEN and programing and homebrew as i can.....i want my spyro and crash games to work.....badly. but im not saying that i will be the guy making it. il just be playin around. and probably hand it off to a pro developer to clean it up haha

If in the far future, when there is much known about the HEN for 5.03, a HEN-B could be made with PSX support. It most likely will not happen, but it is a possibility.

ForgottenHero said:
Easy, :)

A. The psx1 emulator uses 2 files (mainly) in the official firmware: pops.prx and popsman.prx (both kernel files).

pops.prx is the emulator and popsman.prx launchs the emulator and config it.

B. In the M33 custom firmwares you use 2 files to load psx1 games : popcorn.prx and idcanager.prx.

idcanager.prx is used instead idmanager.prx to manage the decryption psx1 games and popcorn.prx patches popsman.prx and pops.prx to let you load custom psx1 games.

C. If you want use a psx1 game with the HEN, the HEN needs make the patches that popcorn.prx make or you need use popsloader.prx (but in this case you need m33 functions).

D. So, i dont think the HEN will have the popcorn.prx patches so...:)

Good news. Most people should definetly should read your post if they are curious about PSX on HEN. I kinda forgot about idcanager.prx so it's nice that you mentioned it again. I only thought popcorn.prx was only involved with pops games. +rep is on the way for you.

HEN-A

Contributer
Well im sure a revison HEN will be made like HEN-B for example with ISO support and maybe plugin support.

But then again im just a noob with a dream...

(Tommorow is taking a long time to come here :()

HEN-A said:
Well im sure a revison HEN will be made like HEN-B for example with ISO support and maybe plugin support.

But then again im just a noob with a dream...

(Im gonna spoof the name of the HEN with Davees spoofer application)

It's possible. Remember that Dark_Alex made a very improved and tricked out 2.71 HEN-D?

Well concerning HEN updates for 5.03, that could happen. I think plugins are worthy of HEN-B, ISOs... shouldn't even happen. ISOs are not the purpose of a Homebrew Enabler. Someone will code a Devhook or something else if they want ISOs.

But the ISO on HEN thing I mentioned, that's just my "Two Cents" on that matter. Dunno if people would be on the "same boat" as me. :huh:

HEN-A

Contributer
I can already see this :D, that the moment this HEN comes out Devs(some) will probably begin studying the files and looking for a method of running ISO and plugins on it.

Credits to Davee for finding HEN in the first place :).

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
I can already see this :D, that the moment this HEN comes out Devs(some) will probably begin studying the files and looking for a method of running ISO and plugins on it.

you must first understand the respect that devs have for one another. as posted before. most devs wont do anything to the HEN that is against the original devs wishes. IE ISO/CSO/PSX support.

Girdot

Comments like this irk me a bit. Davee has explicitely said he's against piracy and that he will not include ISO support because of it. Now I can understand being optimistic about having ISO support some day, but to go so far as to say "I can't wait for someone to go against Davee and hack his HEN for ISO support" seems kind of...well...douche-baggy.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Well people, i promised you all it and here it is.
Video proof of a PSP 3000 running HEN.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJOWkNq1vw[/YT]
Release Soon People :)

Granite said:

I am assuming that is the full HEN, not beta?

Girdot

Very nice! Ugh! I can't wait. This 'soon' talk always gets me antsy. :)

Great work guys, looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.