• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MfM Math Discussion, Help & Advice

Scorned

Ill have to go over Euler again, although its supposed to be really simple, i still havent been able to grasp the subject completely. Didn't really pay attention during that day.

chrono6456

Heh, you better study it, its been on at least once for almost every open ended practice set I've done.

Speaking of which, looks like I am well set for a 5. Just did the 2005 free response questions and got roughly a 68% on that just rushing through it, and I didn't even spend any extra time checking my work. I usually get 75-80%+ on the multiple choice, and the curve for the whole test in general for a 5 is 60-65%. Awesome! I love calculus.

Scorned

Heh, you better study it, its been on at least once for almost every open ended practice set I've done.

Speaking of which, looks like I am well set for a 5. Just did the 2005 free response questions and got roughly a 68% on that just rushing through it, and I didn't even spend any extra time checking my work. I usually get 75-80%+ on the multiple choice, and the curve for the whole test in general for a 5 is 60-65%. Awesome! I love calculus.

Yeah, im there's been plenty that i've seen, and im going over it right now.

Hardrive

Contributor
Be sure to study area and volume questions. They show up on every exam, and they're really easy, with or without a calculator, if you can visualize the problem in your head.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
Ok guys im not sure what to add on the first post so im gonna let you guys request stuff to be added!

If you want a brief discussion on something or a tutorial on something request it here.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Holy shit, the open ended questions for the 2007 BC exam are the hardest I've seen from 2003-2008

The 07 ones for AB were also impossible.

The exam this year for AP Calc AB had probably the easiest first section of the free response ever...

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
i got a question which needs to be explained is someone doesn't mind. I know its easy but i am tired and cannot figure it out :

7x2 + 7x + 3 - 4x + x2 =

• 7x^2 + 3x + 3
  • 8x^2 + 3x
  • 8x^2 + 3x + 3
  • 11x^2 + 3

the 2 after the first x is meant t be a small 2 on top ;)

Thanks for your help!

Moose

Meta Moose
i got a question which needs to be explained is someone doesn't mind. I know its easy but i am tired and cannot figure it out :

7x2 + 7x + 3 - 4x + x2 =

• 7x2 + 3x + 3
  • 8x2 + 3x
  • 8x2 + 3x + 3
  • 11x2 + 3

Thanks for your help!

Use a ^ to represent a power. e.g. 7x^2

:)

Scorned

7x2 + 7x + 3 - 4x + x2 =

• 7x^2 + 3x + 3
  • 8x^2 + 3x
  • 8x^2 + 3x + 3
  • 11x^2 + 3

Thanks for your help!

Well you combine like terms basically. So you can combine the 7x^2 and the x^2 to make 8x^2, then you subtract 7x and 4x, because the 4x is negative, and 3 is just three.

Sullivan

I know algebra, but I am really stuck on all the logs and stuff.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I know algebra, but I am really stuck on all the logs and stuff.

That's what calculators are for. :)

By the time you get to calculus, you find that logs are not your friends, but natural logs are. :)

Sullivan