• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

NBA, anyone?

Scorned

Playoff's are here, 2nd round that is, so i figured it was a decent time to see what teams people were/are rooting for to win? And to discuss teams, players, etc.

Eastern conference, ill say Orlando to who i want to win.

Western, Houston.

Joey

Well besides the obvious...

Which team would you LIKE to see go up, besides the dominants.

Well, then I guess the Cavs, because I like Lebron James. I don't have have a favorite team, I just have favorite players.

Scorned

Well, then I guess the Cavs, because I like Lebron James. I don't have have a favorite team, I just have favorite players.

I guess that can work, personally not the biggest fan, but gotta admit, he's a damn good player.

Finally a topic that peaked my interest lol. Anyway in the west i dont think the lakers really have anything to worry about, but Houston is definitely the dark horse to get to the finals (that being said i dont think Kobe will take 31 shots in this series again because he wont need to).
In the Nuggs Mavs series i really am pulling for the mavs as i am a hometown kid, but i think they are just outclassed. The key match up in that series to me is billups v kidd. (devin harris would be nice right now, but oh well we thought we would sell our soul for an old guy lol). Melo, billups, jr, birdman, etc.. is just to much firepower for them to handle in the end.
Magic should (i put emphasis on should because i dont trust their coaching in van gundy) beat the celtics because without leon powe and the loss of posey to another team just weakens their depth which really pulled them through when ray allen wasnt having a good game. Although Big baby seems to have filled in to that role nicely and is key to this series. The emergence of JJ (who i always thought should get a lot more playing time) for Orlando will really spread the floor and ultimately help D howard get less defensive pressure than the celtics should be showing him. So in the finals i think the match up should be either:
Orlando v Lakers
Cavs v Lakers
with my dark horse being Houston v Cavs which isnt to likely in my mind. Denver has a punchers chance as well at least imo

Scorned

Denver although a really solid looking team, seems to crumble when met with some half-decent defense, which is why, albeit having a roster full of talent and a coach with experience, i cant see them going into the finals as well. One example of this is their defeat to the Lakers near the post season.
On the other side of the West, you've got the Rockets vs Lakers. The Lakers have the biggest chance to win, but i wouldn't be surprised seeing Rockets come out on top. Although the Artest-Battier duo isn't enough to hold down Kobe (not many can), at the least it can put SOME pressure on him.

If Houston does make it to the Finals, i think they can still stand a really acceptable chance versus the Cavaliers when the time comes.

Eastern, i expect the Magic to win round 2. Celtics put up a fight, but even if they oust the Magic in round 2, i can't see them having enough to make it past the Cav's. Honestly though, i'd rather have the Hawks win, but can't see it happening. Im calling Magic VS Cavs, Magic having an alright chance vs the Cav's but just not enough. The addition of Mo Williams and Delonte West, improved them all around, not to mention LeBron's improvement of skill and a decent Center to depend on.

West, calling Lakers vs Nuggets, with a decent chance of Houston vs Nuggets.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I am a Lakers fan and I expect them to come out shooting in game 2.

I think the Magic will beat Boston but lose the the Cav's in the Eastern Finals. There is no one in the west that can win 4 games against the Lakers.

Lakers over Cavs in the finals in 6.

Scorned

I am a Lakers fan and I expect them to come out shooting in game 2.

There is no one in the west that can win 4 games against the Lakers.

Portland had a chance of that :p

And yeah, i expect Kobe to step it up big in Game 2.
For the finals, i'd have to say Cavs, but once again i wouldnt be suprised if Lakers won.
From both team's players, and urges to win, i can see it reaching Game 7.