• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiuvo

do i need to put the whole hen folder? and do i have to put the tiff again in the photo directory? im really confused with the instruction
Open the folder of the model of PSP you have, then place the ChickHEN folder inside the photo folder. After that, place h.bin in the root of your memory stick.
Are we talking about activating the HEN itself? To me it works 99% of the time. And I couldn't get the Hello World thing working at all so I'm really happy how this turned out.

I was talking about homebrew, but yeah, HEN itself activates quite easily.

Bill

When I had 5.02, the Hello World worked every single time i tried it. 5.03? Not so much, but the HEN doesn't take any trouble except the first boot to write egghunt.bin didn't work right a couple times.

Bill

egghunt.bin is a file used for... something. It must be written to the memstick before HEN will load properly; It may contain some info only accessible in usermode/kernelmode (speculation). Once its written, the HEN will boot properly.
This is why Davee's site say it won't work the first time.

andrei0831

i cant get to work...i have psp 2004...maybe ive followed all your instructions...hehehe but anyweiz ill just keep trying...

it just keep on freezing and then shuts down...

Adiuvo

That happens when you try to run homebrew with it since the release is bugged. Or are you unable to start the HEN itself?

derreklee25

this kind of sucked, around 6 pm we lost our internet connection it was a city wide outage and its just now getting back online but good to know HEN is out

Perfect-skillz

he must of uploaded the wrong h.bin file, a h.bin file that was stable enough, but buggy as hell....must got em mixed up on this computer... or it was a quick release to see what models of psp work on this...this is the open BETA version i bet maybe why it's named R1 and not V1...

(just some of my info, in case davee need it to help with development.)
i can almost always get the HEN to launch but,

but mine is a PSP 3k running the reccommended OFW 5.03 and it freezes at start-up on the game launch of XMB(PSP logo after game launch)...also the background of the game title (PIC1.PNG) doesn't load when i'm in the HEN environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.