• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdax

did you try my trick to get it to work

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM EST ----------

hello

irekski

just irekski
hahah supahstisyon move -_-...

all i have in my psp/photo folder is chickenHen folder... no other pics and stuff... works evey time :)

if the hen is just the wrong version as some people say it would take only 15 mins to upload the other version so whys it taking until tommorow afternoon

irekski

just irekski
its because of guys like you who tend to rush things putting pressure in DEVS!.. so stfu and leave

irekski

just irekski
dont bother-__-... you should have read before posting big rule in foruming

Genome

I may have found a small trick for those that have OFW 5.03 and can't load the HEN with or without a UMD in the slot (freezes upon trying to load the TIFF exploit):

1. With a UMD inside your PSP, go into the ChickHEN folder in "Photos".
2. As the thumbnails of the ChickHEN pictures are loading, open your UMD slot.
3. Upon loading the TIFF exploit, it should work.

Small alteration to the trick.

Open the UMD slot as the last ChickHEN picture's thumbnail is loading.

So far, it's worked for me when nothing else has.

irekski

just irekski
ive noticed something if you had installed the tiff exploit before hen was released there was a "h" file righ 3.xxkb or something... and in the HEN... the file size changed... would that have any relevance? maybe i should try the old tiff exploit :D

Genome

That's because it only displayed the "Hello World" message.

Switching the h.bin files will only make it do that.

irekski

just irekski
owww okie... thx for the info :D

Erland

I have it working on the following:

PSP-1001
TA-079v1
Original Firmware: 1.50
Current Firmware: 3.05
Works: Yes HEN Loads but no homebrew works.
Ratio: 1 in 4 Times Ran

PSP-2001
TA-85v1
Original Firmware: 3.71?
Current Firmware: 3.05
Works: Yes HEN Loads but no homebrew works.
Ratio: 2 in 4 times.

The Classic has absolutely no pictures in the PHOTO folder except phat.tiff
The Slim has Several Pictures in the PHOTO folder as well as the slim.tiff

badnat

Small alteration to the trick.

Open the UMD slot as the last ChickHEN picture's thumbnail is loading.

So far, it's worked for me when nothing else has.
Nobody seems to pay attention when it is posted, but I think this is THE way to load HEN with 5.03:

Put 8 images with older created/modified dates than the TIFF in your photo folder (along with the TIFF of course--not in the chickHEN folder, but in the photo folder, all by themselves. I used small avatar photos all around 10KB; don't know if that makes a difference).

Then, go to the photo folder on your PSP and wait for the black "options" bubble to appear and disappear, then immediately scroll down to the bottom.
The exploit runs every time for me when I do that.

For convenience sake, here's the images I use: link

mikeevd

Has it been confirmed that there will be an update or is it all just speculation?

It's one of those all but confirmed from Davee himself things. It will come, and the likely date is tomorrow (technically today since it's 1am), but yeah. It will come sometime soon.

Genome

Nobody seems to pay attention when it is posted, but I think this is THE way to load HEN with 5.03:

Put 8 images with older created/modified dates than the TIFF in your photo folder (along with the TIFF of course--not in the chickHEN folder, but in the photo folder, all by themselves. I used small avatar photos all around 10KB; don't know if that makes a difference).

Then, go to the photo folder on your PSP and wait for the black "options" bubble to appear and disappear, then immediately scroll down to the bottom.
The exploit runs every time for me when I do that.

For convenience sake, here's the images I use: link

Those images seemed to do the trick, even while it was still in the ChickHEN folder.

Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.