• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

CPS-3 Emulator Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
warzard22.jpg

Wow, talk about quick. Mere weeks after Andreas Naive decrypted Capcom's CPS-3 arcade platform, a fully-functional CPS-3 emulator has now been released. The author, ElSemi, notes that it is still a work in progress and as such some effects are not emulated properly. Still, its amazing to see these games already running moderately well on the PC in such a short amount of time. Things can only improve from here on out!

And yes, that's Warzard (Red Earth) in the pic.

Supported games -

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future
Jojo's Venture / Jojo no Kimyouna no Bouken
Street Fighter III 2nd Impact: Giant Attack
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future
Street Fighter III: New Generation
Warzard / Red Earth

Download CPS3 Emulator Test Version

CPS3 Emulator Preview Test version [Nebula]

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
YES. Too freaking cool, gonna give this a try for sure! Warzard 'n' Jojo, here I come! (already SF3:3S for Xbox)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
YES. Too freaking cool, gonna give this a try for sure! Warzard 'n' Jojo, here I come! (already SF3:3S for Xbox)

You give it a try yet? I tried SF3 and Warzard, there's a few graphical glitches, but aside from that everything runs perfect.

(running a P4 3GHz here)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
You give it a try yet? I tried SF3 and Warzard, there's a few graphical glitches, but aside from that everything runs perfect.
(running a P4 3GHz here)

*sigh* No go here, broseph. First of all, the Emulator>Options... doesn't work, and also the Game>Configure Controls doesn't work, but I figured that'd work after I start the game. I try to start a game, pick one, the window shrinks to what seems like 320x200, without shrinking the pic (it's that section of the default emu pic, if that makes sense) and then it errors. "An error has occured and Windows had to shut down the program"...blah-blah-blah. I'm runnin' XP, JUST upgraded my RAM by a GIGABYTE, JUST tonight, so now it's 1.5GB PC2-3200, P4 2.93ghz, but I have the built-in graphics card, which is an Intel Extreme Graphics (yah, I know, laugh) so that's probably the problem.:sad: I was lookin' forward to this too...