• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

does PSP suck battery in standby mode?

nathu

i was playin VCS .i put my PSP in stand by mode and it was like that for around 24 hrs....nxt i switched ma PSP on and there was no change in the no. of battery bars ||:)

january39

eXo Staff
i was playin VCS .i put my PSP in stand by mode and it was like that for around 24 hrs....nxt i switched ma PSP on and there was no change in the no. of battery bars ||:)

Yep, sleep drains battery. Better to use PSPsavestates, if you need to leave it like that for any reason particulary if you do for extended periods of time i.e. 24hours. :) although there is loads of save points in that game.

Slasher

Suck It
It uses power when in sleep mode, but not very much. It puts your PSP into a low power state. Like Zero said, it just keeps your RAM alive so that you can quickly resume whatever it was you were last doing.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
It uses power when in sleep mode, but not very much. It puts your PSP into a low power state. Like Zero said, it just keeps your RAM alive so that you can quickly resume whatever it was you were last doing.
Way to say exactly what Zero. said :sleep:

24 hours shouldn't be enough to completely drain the battery, unless you have a bad battery. My PSP, after 4 years can still last about a week in sleep mode

--ReReMaKe--

and there is any problem with leaving the psp all the time in sleep mode??
i mean for the HEN

Whisper

Logic :(
Usually there isn't a problem with leaving the psp in sleep mode for hen. I did it for over four months back on 3.50 hen.

thedicemaster

Usually there isn't a problem with leaving the psp in sleep mode for hen. I did it for over four months back on 3.50 hen.

guess my calculations based off IGN's battery test where correct.

24 hours of standby time(with 20 minutes of running) consumes around 1%
so on a good battery you should last for months in standby.

Adiuvo

Standby battery life decreases dramatically the more the battery ages. My original battery, which is around three years old, can barely handle two days on standby, but it used to be able to go for months. However, the actual life of the battery hasn't decreased that much. It's pretty strange.

Bulgar Trev

Hmm, I don't use sleep mode that much apart from when i accidently put it into sleep mode but when it is in sleep mode it uses quite a bit. Having saying that my battery is getting quite old and was left for months in +35 and -15 without being charged.

Seth

MD Party Room
I got a good 3 weeks out of sleep mode before when I got a new psp a long time ago.