• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Daedalus R11 Released - N64 Emulator for PSP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
daedalus11.jpg

Strmnnrmn pleases N64 emulation fans once again: Daedalus R11 is now released! R11 boasts many improvements over the previous release, including more fluid frame rates (a 5-10% speedup), improved game compatibility, N64 Expansion Pak support, and various optimizations and bug fixes.

You can view the full changelog in all it's glory below:

• Large overhaul of rom settings and preferences. All settings should now be persistant.
  • [+] Native support for palettised textures for faster rendering and less memory usage.
  • [+] Provided a fixed size pool for all texture memory, to limit memory usage.
  • [+] Expansion Pak enabled by default.
  • [!] Updated rom info database to include save mechanism for many roms.
  • [!] Fix memory leak in texture cache.
  • [!] Fixed conversion of RGBA/32bpp textures with odd alignments.
  • [!] Fix crash which occurred when recolouring textures in low memory situations.
  • [^] Large rewrite of texture cache to reduce memory usage and improve performance.
  • [^] Various optimisations to the way textures are looked up in the cache and installed.
  • [^] Optimise offsetting/scaling of texture coordinates.
  • [^] Improve performance of dynarec fragment cache and reduce memory fragmentation.

Download Daedalus R11 / Daedalus R11 for Firmware 1.50

Daedalus R11 [Strmnnrmn]

Tenshigami

Super Mario 64 is now damn near playable in Bo-bomb Battle Field. So long as you have sound turned off and other speedups. Although, I found the more I tinkered with stuff and went back to the game WITHOUT exiting to XMB and restarting Daedalus, the slower it got, regardless of what I did.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Maybe im doing this wrong or something but at least I will give you this without any change to setting or advance use of the program, i have gotten super mario 64, mario cart 64, and star fox to work basically perfect when sound is unenabled. donkey kong 64 ran slow as.... well you get it, had me excited too when it loaded up. cruisin usa got to main screen then wouldn't load, and i think paper mario might work it loaded up a bit didn't bother going passed that. If anyone has figured out how to run golden eye pleases let me know.

To make sure you know i have not changed a single setting when working these games. If the demand arises I will start a noobs compabibility list.:mellow:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Maybe im doing this wrong or something but at least I will give you this without any change to setting or advance use of the program, i have gotten super mario 64, mario cart 64, and star fox to work basically perfect when sound is unenabled. donkey kong 64 ran slow as.... well you get it, had me excited too when it loaded up. cruisin usa got to main screen then wouldn't load, and i think paper mario might work it loaded up a bit didn't bother going passed that. If anyone has figured out how to run golden eye pleases let me know.

To make sure you know i have not changed a single setting when working these games. If the demand arises I will start a noobs compabibility list.:mellow:

Yeah it's normal. Most games run quite slow from my experience. Although Super Mario 64 runs decent, close to full speed even.

Also Goldeneye does not work at all yet :sad: Not too surprising though since it was one of the most demanding games on the 64. Hopefully Strmnnrmn will be able to get it working someday.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
i really want to play Paper Mario on the N64....and since i can't find any copies of the cartridge then i would really like it to be playable in this...but thats really the only game i would wanna play on it....

so has anyone got paper mario working good yet?...preferably with sound?