• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Konami Not Impressed With PS3 Price Cut

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
mgs4logow.jpg

Speaking to Reuters, Konami CEO Kazumi Kitaue expressed doubts in Sony's ability to win back the market with this recent price cut. In fact, Kitaue said he doesn't expect a substantial impact at all:

[blockquote2]I don't expect a substantial impact ... With $500, you can buy a personal computer.[/blockquote2]

Kitaue then went on to discuss the future of the fabled Metal Gear Solid series. He says Konami may need to expand the target hardware for the franchise. Although Konami has dispelled rumors of Metal Gear Solid 4 heading to 360 in the past, it certainly looks like it could happen now...

Konami sees little PS3 price cut impact [Reuters]

bwalker

if that gmae takes up as much space as its said to then it will need more then one dvd that will be wierd lol for 360 owners to have to switch disks if it comes to the 360 lol

Tenshigami

Disc switching is actually something I seriously miss from the PS1 era. While yes, DVDs could hold more data, the PS2 was capable of displaying much better graphics, which required more space to store. Yet many games---including RPGs---didn't use multiple discs. Near the beginning of the PS2's life, RPGs were throwing away the traditional world map for a 'character walks on a dotted line from point to point' or similar style. I was beginning to wonder what they were trying to accomplish. Maybe they were trying to fit everything on a single disc.

The only time game developers should be concerned about media capacity is when they have the choice between 5 discs on one system or 1 disc on the other. THEN they have a significant argument.

EDIT: And how did we get off topic so quickly?.... No clue. But yeah, the whole blue-ray thing just totally screwed the PS3. Sure, it holds more, but that's what multiple discs are for. Removing Blu-Ray would bring a significant drop in price, but all the current games are stored on blue-ray, right?