• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New idea for playing higher firmware games.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I have no idea if this would work purely and idea but perhaps if you could edit the firmware level required from UMD's with newer firmware requirements. either an app which will let you play the UMDs and not have to worry about firmware or something which when you dump a game will let you edit the data. I know it's probably next to impossible but hey it's another idea.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have no idea if this would work purely and idea but perhaps if you could edit the firmware level required from UMD's with newer firmware requirements. either an app which will let you play the UMDs and not have to worry about firmware or something which when you dump a game will let you edit the data. I know it's probably next to impossible but hey it's another idea.

This was done in the past, before OE even existed. So yes it is certainly possible. It was a pain in ass though, certain features of games ended up not working (like online play and such). OE made things so much easier.