• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

SCEA Says D-Pad Swapped Controller A Fake

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
newsixaxis.jpg

Fake! That's what SCEA is calling the picture of a PS3 controller that swapped the D-pad with the left analog stick. The image above originated on a Yahoo Games website, to promote the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed game for Xbox 360 and PS3. Needless to say, some speculated that it was a leaked concept image for a new controller design Sony had in the works, presumably with a rumble feature.

But in reassuring news, SCEA spokesman Dave Karraker has now put the image down to a "bad artist rendering" and says they are currently the process of fixing it.

SCEA Says 'Redesigned' PS3 Controller Leak is Fake [GameDaily]

Tenshigami

Right, I believe them. That looks totally wacked out anyway. No possible way it was real.

But then, I also believe them when they say they aren't phasing the 60GB PS3 out, PS3s are selling well, and battles with Giant Enemy Crabs really happened in ancient Japan.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
But then, I also believe them when they say they aren't phasing the 60GB PS3 out, PS3s are selling well, and battles with Giant Enemy Crabs really happened in ancient Japan.

LMAO!:laugh:

But seriously- the indents from the D-Pad is still there underneath the Analog stick, even. Also, the PS3 button in the middle is gone. I'm just sayin'- I coulda called that a p'shoppin' job from a mile away.:p Although I do think that a Playstation controller redesign is waaaayyy overdue- It's been the same on every console they've had, I mean, jeez. It WOULD be alright, but I really am NOT a fan on the controller's design to begin with.

echofly

I like the decision by Microsoft (and Nintendo for the Gamecube) to put the analog there. It helps in most games - third person shooters, first person shooters, and games which you move with the analog - still, though, I play a hell load of fighting games, so it doesn't bother me that much.