• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A FIRMWARE PROBLEMS - HELP

Mitch63

I have a few problems with my daughters PSP running 3.40 oe-a firmware. Firstly it will not play ISOs except for small files such as Fruits / Puzzle Bobble, on these small games the graphics are fine and work 100%, on larger ISOs such as Sonic Rivals all i get is the game showing on the memory card, when i load the game the memory card flashes, screen goes black and thats it - nothing, i have to reboot the PSP. I have also tried games such as Cars ( which plays but graphics are unstable ) and Sponge Bob Square Pants ( which again sends the graphics unstable and is un playable ). Secondly, i can only get a couple of UMDs to play ( just ), those being Coded Arms and Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - although the graphics are unstable, others refuse to play, again just going to a black screen. The memory card is 1gig and supported, i have tried downgrading back to 1.5 and back to 3.40 oe-a without fixing the problems, is it possible i missing certain files ??
I have another PSP running 3.40 oe-a that runs fine without any problems. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE.

Dragar

maybe your isos are corrupt did you rip them yourself?

Mitch63

Hi Dragar,
The ISOs i have work perfectly on my other PSP running 3.40 oe-a - sorry bit of a noob, although i surfed the forums without any success.

dennis96411

Make sure you disable No UMD under Configuration in Recovery mode,and disable all the options in Advance>Advanced configuration.
Then exit recovery and try to play some.
If you don't know how to get into recovery mode,heres the instructions:
1.Make sure your PSP is completly shut down
2.Hold R shoulder button(R-TRIGGER)when turning on the PSP(Please do not release the R-Trigger till Recovwry menu comes on)
3.Use your up and down buttons on the directional pad(D-Pad)to control,use X for enter.
It gives you the maximum ability to play UMD and ISO,so that might help.

Mitch63

Re firmware 3.40 oe-a problems - help

Thanks for replying Dennis, but i have tried that and every other configuration in the recovery menu.

Mitch63

Acerthief

mod to the rescue!

disable all the setting in the recovery menu. set your CPU speed back to default or 266 and try. if you failed to succeed then try your psp with every CPU speed. some games need overclocking (like sonic rivals needs 266) in order to play.

Mitch63

Re 3.40 oe-a problems

Hi Acerthief,
Took your advise, disbled everything, put CPU @ 266 with limited success, again certain games totally break up and will not play yet games like Superbike / Shrek 3 work fine so why do i have games that totally break up on this PSP where as my other PSP with the same Firmware works 100% with everything - is it possible i am missing some file that is present in the PSP that works 100% and not in the other ??

Regards
Mitch ( daughter starting to really nag !!! )

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Maybe it's your memstick- are you sure you have a real one? Those odd problems sounds like a fake memstick is the culprit.

J

Junit

Yeah , sonic rivals works at defualt perfect :/ it might be your mem stick

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
If it says "Magicgate(tm) Supported" after the "Free Space" 'n' "User Capacity" then you're all good.:thumbup1: But if it doesn't, then, well, you're SoL my friend.:sad: