• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need help with 3.11

Black_Flame

hey i need help setting up devhook 0.52 for my psp (firmware 3.11) because i bought ratchet and clank and (being stupid) updated to firmware 3.11 to play it but i don't think my firmware is normal. Unlike the instructions for setting up devhook, when i open the psp there are 5 files shown straight away MP_ROOT:confused1:, PSP(not in MP_ROOT :confused1:), MUSIC, VIDEO and PICTURE. in the instructions the folder is named MS_ROOT instead of MP_ROOT and PSP folder is supposed to be in the MP_ROOT folder and when i put it in there nothing can load so now i am not sure where to put the files. Also inside PSP's folders are COMMON, GAME, SAVEDATA and SYSTEM so now these files are in the wrong places for setting it up i have no idea where to put anything and moving the folders does nothing so can anyone please help me setup devhook 0.52 so i can play .CSO files and if you can can you also add links to the files because i think some of the ones i have are corrupted or the wrong type.

Acerthief

first of all, are you on the official 3.11? 1.5? or any of the custom firmware?

MS_ROOT and MP_ROOT are not in anyway related.

MS_ROOT means the the Root of the memory stick. you'll see the in application folders in folders like PSP/GAME/ means that these folders go to ms0:/PSP/GAME.
the "dh" and "fbm" folder goes to ms0:/PSP in your memory stick.

all the apps are the same. what folder the files is put in the .rar archive means where it goes in your memory stick.

you might see some "corrupted files" in the game/memory stick on your psp, it's normal. some files are need for apps, but the PSP doesn't recognize it.

good luck:)

Black_Flame

Still not working

when i go to devhook 0.52 launcher it says "the game cannot be started the data is corrupted" and if i try running anything else it says "The game could not be started (8002014C)" the FBM and DH folder are in PSP and inside game is the folders named %_SCE_DH052 and PARAM.SFO is in there with DATA.PSP and EBOOT.PBP can you tell me what im doing wrong or if im missing any files because i can't figure it out

and also what is the custom firmware? i got to firmware 3.11 by updating it from a umd game so it should have been the right update because my psp says 3.11

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
when i go to devhook 0.52 launcher it says "the game cannot be started the data is corrupted" and if i try running anything else it says "The game could not be started (8002014C)" the FBM and DH folder are in PSP and inside game is the folders named %_SCE_DH052 and PARAM.SFO is in there with DATA.PSP and EBOOT.PBP can you tell me what im doing wrong or if im missing any files because i can't figure it out

and also what is the custom firmware? i got to firmware 3.11 by updating it from a umd game so it should have been the right update because my psp says 3.11

No, you need CUSTOM firmware to run ANY sort of unofficial software (homebrew), including devhook. You have to downgrade to 1.50 and then upgrade to a custom firmware. Look at the guide HERE to downgrade.