• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Shoot my psp is full bricked!!

dennis96411

I wanted to get more space on my flash0,and I know that fat32 file sys will give you more space,so I backup my entire flash0 on my computer,format psp flash0 to fat32(two reasons: 1:I will get 1.90 GB on my flash0 2:File system FAT32 will give you more space when you put a lot of files),and then copy the backup data back to flash0,left with 1.88 GB.
Can't get in xmb or recovery menu after restarting psp.

Does anyone know how to unbricked it?I'm still 11 years old you know.:glare:

Roe

Dude, formatting you flash0 was NOT a good idea. When you did that you deleted you recovery mode prx and now it is fully bricked. Your only choice now is to get a modchip or buy a new PSP. Sorry man.

GPUX

I wanted to get more space on my flash0,and I know that fat32 file sys will give you more space,so I backup my entire flash0 on my computer,format psp flash0 to fat32(two reasons: 1:I will get 1.90 GB on my flash0 2:File system FAT32 will give you more space when you put a lot of files),and then copy the backup data back to flash0,left with 1.88 GB.
Can't get in xmb or recovery menu after restarting psp.

Does anyone know how to unbricked it?I'm still 11 years old you know.:glare:

next time you want to do something so foolish do a little research.......i mean how in the hell did you reach to the conclusion that formatting your flash0 will give you 1.90 GB space the maximum capacity of the flash memory in the psp is 32 MB.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
next time you want to do something so foolish do a little research.......i mean how in the hell did you reach to the conclusion that formatting your flash0 will give you 1.90 GB space the maximum capacity of the flash memory in the psp is 32 MB.

He's 11.

Anyway, yeah, that sux0rz hardcore, d00der, but watch your language on the thread title.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Yeah... I told him this over PM, and he did not believe me that the flash is only 32 MB.

Anyways, an unbricking service:

http://www.psp-flevoland.nl/en/index.htm

Not sure how much it'll cost you... probably around $80 after shipping.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So how is this guy unbricking PSP's? You could make a small fortune doing that.

Hum... I'm guessing he either installs a modchip in one to restore the original NAND, then uninstalls the chip, or just replaces the motherboard.

supaquickt

Hum... I'm guessing he either installs a modchip in one to restore the original NAND, then uninstalls the chip, or just replaces the motherboard.

I've always been curious about this so I had to investigate this further, and from what I've read. Yes all of your solutions will work (but you probably you that anyway :smile:).

Installing UP Modchip to restore the original NAND works as long as its simply, something like corrupted files in the NAND. Once installed you can than restore the orignal NAND through the epsilon recovery menu. Uninstall the modchip and presto your back to 1.5 (or whatever). However If you've fried the NAND (apparently they look the same when bricked) than you'll have to leave the Modchip installed.

However there are more drastic ways to do this such as taking thePSP apart unballing the NAND from the psp mobo, than you have to hook it up to a device that can flash it with 1.5 etc. Than you reball it back onto the board. Apparently in Asia they have machines that can do this within a few minutes! (oh yeh have you got a spare $10,000?)

Or you can replace the whole mobo.

PS: This installation can basically only be done by a professional (or someone with extremely good solder skills and an industrial microscope) so yeh just pay the man his money he deserves it!

Of course there's the jigkick battery but who the hells got one nobody knows (yeh I know someone knows)...

EDIT: Forgot to say that guy x3sphere linked to was on the forum where they were discussing this stuff (and really really crazy other stuff) so he sounds completely legit and does a good job, although it is hearsay.

Cheezeball99

how did u access the flash memory?

You enter your recovery menu by holding R on the PSP boot up and then enter the 'Advanced Configuration' menu (at least in the OE series) and click 'toggle flash0 usb' or 'toggle flash1 usb' to enter the PSP's flash through the USB cable.

WARNING: Do NOT modify, erase, rename, copy, cut, move, etc. ANYTHING in them without making sure you know what you are doing, because it WILL brick your PSP if you mess with the wrong thing.

dennis96411

Didn't I tell you guys that after I format my flash0,I copy the backup(where I copy the entire flash0 onto my pc before formatting)back to flash0 after I formatted my psp's flash0?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Didn't I tell you guys that after I format my flash0,I copy the backup(where I copy the entire flash0 onto my pc before formatting)back to flash0 after I formatted my psp's flash0?

Yeah, but that doesn't change anything if you cannot access the recovery menu or XMB.

supaquickt

This isn't clear. Does this mean you managed to restore a full backup to flash0 reset and then it bricked? Or does it mean that you just have flash0 backed up on your'e PC in which case its useless if you're fully bricked.

As you can't access flash0 after a full brick unless you can enter recovery which if you can you're only semi-bricked and might be able to restore it.

dennis96411

This isn't clear. Does this mean you managed to restore a full backup to flash0 reset and then it bricked? Or does it mean that you just have flash0 backed up on your'e PC in which case its useless if you're fully bricked.

As you can't access flash0 after a full brick unless you can enter recovery which if you can you're only semi-bricked and might be able to restore it.

I restore a full backup to flash0 reset and then it bricked.
I bricked on 3.03 OE-C.

Cheezeball99

The reason it bricked is because he changed the filesystem of the flash0. It obviously doesn't run fat32.

Darkchild

The Doctor
Remember folks, do not touch the flash UNLESS you know what you are doing and please don't format it! in case of problems, re-flash your current Firmware!

lacrosseboy

Ok,not to worry about this,I've sent it to sony,but hopefully they'll fix it cause they might find out I have custom firmware.

Cheezeball99:Thanks for that,next time I do some research before I do something dumb.

dennis96411

sorry,the lacrosseboy waz me,I was on my friend's computer and he has account too.