• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

It it REAL!! Updates for the Magic Memstick/Battery

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I actually have the files/programs that go on the memstick, just don't have the battery.:p Probably shouldn't say that too loud.:mellow:

voidzero1

Darkness
I want, if any has....

I actually have the files/programs that go on the memstick, just don't have the battery.:p Probably shouldn't say that too loud.:mellow:

If you've got the files, please pass my way?? :blushing:

Also, I know that this might be a long shot, but if there is someone out there selling this battery, I'd like to buy at least two. PM me! :w00t: Someone in China must've at least managed to get hold of one or more..... I've got 5 bricked PSP's in need of TLC. :crying: And NO!!! I'm not going to sell or send to SONY or any of the other remarks anyone wants to make. :mad1:

Thanks in advance. :laugh: 8)

voidzero1

Darkness
I think there was thread about this made a while ago. I thought it was fake?

Normally I would agree with you there. 8) Sometimes I go with the theory, "If there's smoke, there's fire". :smile:

I still say it's a hunt worth persuing. So if anybody has info (for real of course :wink: ), let us know. If the team of ***** (won't mention the red beast on F1 racing) could accidentally leak tech info to their rivals, what's to stop someone at SONY making a massive quick buck.

Anyways, I've said my 10c worth... let's see what happens. And for all you other non-believers, don't bother giving your negative inputs. Although, I'll still except it. LMAO :laugh:

J

Junit

Translated if anyone actually wants to read through the whole thing

Recently, the system of rank and a 3.50 "magical battery" the legend has been widely circulated. The network claims it was all versions of the PSP software demotion to 1.50. even 3.50 is the latest mainframe system can be easy to get. This argument has spread, immediately met many people questioned : With the downgrading of the past for some news and "common sense" This demotion is obviously impossible. Next, in order to prove the veracity of his statement, the parties to upload a video, the video clearing the parties will see a completely new system for the PSP 3.50 to 2.71 demotion. This immediately on the network caused a great stir. And because the process of downgrading the use of a mysterious batteries, uninformed Netters This immediately triggered a bold assumption : battery can be downgraded! , But in fact the battery is only as a key to open the PSP to the factory model. But this time the demotion is a "repair" projects. 3.50 downgrading and the magic batte lengedery ry have been on the internet for quite a long time . Someone claims that they could downgrade any F W PSP 1.50 to 3.50 including the newest. Few peop le believe them, because ... only a battery? ? ? Several days ago, a guy (saleclerk in a game shop in Shenzhen China ) posted a video clip of successfully downgradin g 3.50 to a 2.71, in this video, he seems to try to hide something when he loaded t he battery on the PSP, which makes more people think it might be the MAG IC battery. Well, actually, the battery is only a key, a key to open "Factory Mode" on the PSP. And this d owngrading process is actually a "recovery" pr gy. To this demotion opened the truth, levelup.cn special observer amber and "Wang SP handheld" editorial MiG Special to conduct interviews and shooting. Thanks again related to the interview with the support (for some reason, and prior agreements, in this inconvenient to disclose more of the locations). To clear this up, the "special speculator" on levelup.cn. ri aka amber (I do not know to translate the achieve Felicity ct word, you can take him as a moderator) and an editor fro m "King of Portable Consoles SP" Mige. found this man, had an interview and took another downgrading v Ideo clip. The identities and backgrounds of th e other people who are involved in this article w ill not be exposed as they agreed. prior to the start of the article, List is a first, so we have a psychological preparation demotion is true. and that can deal with any version of it is not the host cell battery, is the characteristics of the battery is not the protagonist of demotion, but a key. The protagonist of demotion or Memory Stick inside the procedures First of all, a list : 1. the downgrading is real, and it's good for any FW PSP 2. the battery is NOT a n ordinary battery in our PSP, it is special 3. ONLY the battery is a key, the most important part is the programs in the me mory stick now I started step-by-step analysis of this demotion bar, In fact, the process of downgrading divided into three simple steps The downgrading is in process 3 (here is a typo in the original article, four steps actually) first steps : Open the Memory Stick positions covered, there mysterious loading procedures Memory Stick. The former said "magical battery" is only one key, the protagonist of demotion or Memory Stick inside the 1. open the cover of the batter y 闃茬伀闁, put in an ordinary battery. install the memory stick. Again, the "magic battery" is only a key, the most important part is the programs in the me mory stick next step : shutdown, battery discharge. Safe and reliable connectivity to the external power supply, and then "magical battery" into the battery compartment, magic does not offer PSP battery power supply for the downgrading. 2. Shut down the PSP, uninstalled the ordinary battery. the Connect PSP to AC, put the "magic battery" in the third step : trying power switch, start the PSP. When the screen displayed specific pictures can be removed "magical battery", the PSP entirely by external power supply. Then began the implementation of demotion procedures, and began to operate chip firmware. 3. Turn on the PSP. When the screen shows some spe Citigroup information, take off the "magic battery," and now the PSP should reply on the AC only the fourth step, When Memory Stick stop blinking lights, and appeared on the screen images OK, said the operation has completed can turn off the power, remove memory stick, and then re-boot, time System version should show as 2.71. 4. When the memory stick stops blinking. and the screen shows "OK" it means the whole process is finishe downgrade d. turn off the PSP, take out the memory stick. reboot, the FW should be 2.71 Battery : Battery careful observation of the players will find that the PSP battery interface has three ordinary. And the third extra-ordinary there are other incidental effect, according to previous Sony announced some intelligence, PSP battery is incidental to a function of identification information, in other words mainframe will check the battery status was illegal, however, for domestic battery producers exist in name only. Nevertheless, we have made a very important message, the PSP for a battery with some information and detection mechanisms. And the recent downgrading of the process, this "magical battery" on further play a role in this mechanism : after commencement of the PSP, in the absence of any firmware to read the information of the first power supply organs to read -- information on the battery; Miraculously battery of this information will tell the PSP for a specific task -- Memory Stick reader. Take a closer look at the battery, we could see that it has three "gold fingers" (pi ns?) . The extra third one has its special missio n. According to the earlier information from SO NY, this battery could identify information, which means that the PSP could check whether the "magic battery" is legal or official. However, this identity checking for the clone manufatur ers in China is nothing. In this downgrading pro cess, the battery proves the function : when boots up, the console did not read any FW data, but reads the data on the battery. Then the batte ry told the PSP to do another task -- read the mem 2 k this process is entirely through the PSP firmware system-on-chip control, but even the bottom of the "factory model" So before despite Dark_A leX system for the PSP firmware for the carpet of research and analysis are still not have found this special presence. This process is not through the PSP FW chip, but even a lower level "factory mode" so I guess this why although Dark_Alex masters e very single detail of FW. he did not find this mode. When the PSP was asked in procedures before loading system memory reader rods, we can do things a lot. Because here has been completely isolated system firmware, and does not exist in high-low version version, even the system has been completely due to misoperation not start (variant brick), it can still use the factory model to rewriting system. For example, this approach can be compared with boot disk to reinstall system, you only need a guide to the CD-ROM can be; Before the demotion like in the next reinstall WinXP system, you not only need to install the CD, you also need a functioning system. When the PSP is required to read the mem stick BEF ore load FW programs, there are lots of things we could do. Because it d oesn't matter higher or lower FW on this PSP, we could rewrite it now. It's like you use a boota ble CD reinstall your windows system, all you need is a CD BOOTABLE. You could install W in98 if you are in WINXP. Memory Stick : Mem stick : battery played a "key" role in the opening of the factory model PSP, the PSP before loading the operating system to read Memory Stick or procedures. Then on the Memory Stick in the end what some magical process? Due to the confidentiality of the previous agreements, not directly disclosed here this procedure name, but can tell you is that the role of this procedure is to chip into the system firmware procedures. This process and the fact we usually sense that the demotion, apparently But is write a specific version of the system only. OK, the battery is a key that opens the "factory mode." N ow we move to the mem stick. As agreed, we will not expose the name of this program, what we could say is the function of this program FW is to write. This process is not different fro m what we call downgrade in general, but just write to a specific FW 2.71. Observant players, looking ahead demotion process, will definitely create a doubt : Why dropped from 3.50 is 2.71 instead of 1.50? In fact, this issue is very simple. Because the system supports 271 TA-086 motherboard version of the minimum system. The factory model used by the fact Sony official or system files, because non-Sony official system can be found through the factory calibration of the model. And in the absence of patches under the premise, TA-086 motherboard is not directly system running 1.50. Dark_AleX and also spent more than half a year of constant exploration and research to come up with a TA-82/TA -086 motherboard operating system patch 1.50, and thus produced a versatile 2.71 demotion procedures. The use of the factory model "demotion" of 2.71, Then Dark_AleX common procedures downgraded to 1.50 is the most secure and reliable approach. Then, why 271? Because 2.71 is the lowest FW that TA-0 86 supports. Even under "factory mode" the program is still using official from Sony FW , unofficial FW (homebrews etc.). will not pass the "factory mode" checking in the first place. And if w / o patch , TA-086 does not support 1.50. Dark_Alex et al. , put lots of time on this patch and successfully universal gave us a 2.71 downgrader. Therefore, the best way to do (if we could) is to downgrade hi gher FW to 2.71 with this "factory mode" then use Dark_Alex's downgrader back to 1.50. This downgrade significance : 3.50 despite the "demotion music sheet packet" has been published and but the paper referred to the demotion because this is a "factory model" of operating firmware acts. For Version 3.60 and higher systems demotion have great significance, Because without the support of the mainframe system, has changed brick machines can be easy to regain. If the plant is able to break the pattern without the use of battery-powered magic, the PSP will tackle a new chapter. If it also works on FW3.60. or if we could get in the "factory mode" w / o the batte ry, it will be great ... blah blah blah

Casey44

Well, actually, the battery is only a key, a key to open "Factory Mode" on the PSP. And this d owngrading process is actually a "recovery" pr gy. To this demotion opened the truth, levelup.cn special observer amber and "Wang SP handheld" editorial MiG Special to conduct interviews and shooting. Thanks again related to the interview with the support (for some reason, and prior agreements, in this inconvenient to disclose more of the locations). To clear this up, the "special speculator" on levelup.cn. ri aka amber (I do not know to translate the achieve Felicity ct word, you can take him as a moderator) and an editor fro m "King of Portable Consoles SP" Mige. found ....

Well, I got lost here.
Be away awhile brushing up on my English. Any native English speaker willing to translate the piece in the meantime? Thnx.

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
I wonder how the battery acts like a key...

If someone with experience with electronics and the PSP with access to the battery is able to somehow trigger the 'key' without the special battery itself, then they could develop a way to recover bricked PSP's.

voidzero1

Darkness
Forgot to mention...

I just recently heard from my one buddy that one of his friends managed to get hold of a generic magic battery and mem stick with the software on it. Apparently he had 5 bricked psp's..... few hours later, they're all working!!!:w00t:

He managed to buy this off ebay. I've been hunting for it myself. I want one.

I'm gonna have to make a plan to go visit him and see this for myself. I'll need to take a few pics too.... will keep this thread updated...... when I get the time. :crying: