• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pandora's Battery Released - Unbrick ANY PSP

dennis96411

Will it unbrick my fat32 formatted flash0 psp(my file sys of flash0 is fat32[i'm stupid and change the file system and it bricked])?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Battery can't be converted back *me thinks*.

Let me get this straight - you need a unbricked PSP to generate files for the "Pandora's battery" which will then turn a regular battery in the jigkick battery? Is that right?

Then you simply put in the battery into the bricked PSP and the menu should come up? Is that right?

One more thing... Under notes and restrictions... it says "The IDStorage cannot be totally restored, as there is no known way to regenerate it properly."

^^^
What does that mean? What is IDStorage for those of us who don't know what that is?

Yeah that's all right.

Don't worry about the IDStorage. Like rabbit said it only stores some hardware-specific information. That isn't to say it's not important... but aside from the TA-082/86 downgraders, nothing else messes with it.

Will it unbrick my fat32 formatted flash0 psp(my file sys of flash0 is fat32[i'm stupid and change the file system and it bricked])?

Yes it will.

Roe

This is big. But I got a question. Has anyone tried this?. Because I want to know whether you can change the battery back

supaquickt

This is big. But I got a question. Has anyone tried this?. Because I want to know whether you can change the battery back

The short answer is Yes, I don't exactly know how but you can do it. I've just order a 2nd battery in case though don't want to be playing with the original to I know how this works fully.

cyrus

so with this ican downgrade a 3.50 fw? =)

lifesosian

cyrus: i think so..as stated from qj forum..

just asking.. to prepare this batt and ms..
i need to prepare it on a 1.50 fw or i can also can prepare it using a custom fw?

cyrus

it says you need a oe fw, m33, 1.50 fw..but no sony fw..

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
Start stocking up on cheap bricked PSP's on ebay before prices skyrocket... nvm... too late.

Acerthief

the guide says that i format with say computer, then with their program, so it's "modified".
if i finished unbricking, can i format my MS card with the computer again so it back to the normal FAT? or will it stay "modified"?

Thanks in Advance.

EDIT: it says problem reading "system.dreg". any help? Thanks.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
One more thing... Under notes and restrictions... it says "The IDStorage cannot be totally restored, as there is no known way to regenerate it properly."

^^^
What does that mean? What is IDStorage for those of us who don't know what that is?

The pandora stuff uses the Sony 1.50 update. All updates (including the 1.50) only change the firmware files related to the PSP libs and such. The IdStorage and settings are NOT changed by firmware updates. Therefore, the pandora stuff will not change the IdStorage or settings either.

So how does that affect you? Say you have a working PSP that has 3.52 on it. You use the pandora thingy to downgrade it to 1.50. The IdStorage and settings were fine before, so after Pandora is done, they're still fine. Now say you have a bricked PSP. Let us also say the brick completely wiped out the NAND flash, so the IdStorage and settings are gone too. Running Pandora will restore the firmware associated with the libraries and such, but NOT the IdStorage and settings. The IdStorage controls a variety of things in the PSP, so unless they can be restored afterwards, you won't be able to do things like connect to the PS3, or certain USB functions, or see funny operation of the battery.

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
The pandora stuff uses the Sony 1.50 update. All updates (including the 1.50) only change the firmware files related to the PSP libs and such. The IdStorage and settings are NOT changed by firmware updates. Therefore, the pandora stuff will not change the IdStorage or settings either.

So how does that affect you? Say you have a working PSP that has 3.52 on it. You use the pandora thingy to downgrade it to 1.50. The IdStorage and settings were fine before, so after Pandora is done, they're still fine. Now say you have a bricked PSP. Let us also say the brick completely wiped out the NAND flash, so the IdStorage and settings are gone too. Running Pandora will restore the firmware associated with the libraries and such, but NOT the IdStorage and settings. The IdStorage controls a variety of things in the PSP, so unless they can be restored afterwards, you won't be able to do things like connect to the PS3, or certain USB functions, or see funny operation of the battery.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I understand now.:smile: