• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pandora's Battery Not Compatible With PSP Slim

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp2000.jpg

According to Chinese website CNGBA, new PSP Slim models have disabled the use of Pandora's Battery. The tester claims that booting up a PSP Slim with the battery inserted boots to only a black screen and does not read from the memory stick.

All in all, this is not too surprising, considering that Sony had ample time to patch up the battery workaround ever since the first videos surfaced of Chinese shops downgrading PSP units with a battery.

标题: [新闻] 全国首发!最速psp2000实机尝鲜报告(神器电池难续神奇) [CNGBA]

Terror_Eyez

Well that sucks, i was actually planning on buying a slim thinking i could just use my pandora battery to downgrade it. Oh well, im sure someone will find a way to downgrade the slim once it comes out.

supaquickt

Yea, you kinda had to expect this. But still I don't know how much of a change they can make in a months time. They still have to service the PSP's somehow so there always has to be a way. Be interesting to see what happens..

XsavioR

Well who ever leaked it early .... killed the scene it would appear. With all the bad press the site who posted edited works (causing the bricks) I think it would be awesome to put that engine into finding out who leaked pandora.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Well, from the sounds of his test, the battery DID work. It sounds like it failed in one of the later libs. Sony probably moved a piece of the hardware one of the libs use so that 1.50 won't work on it. Of course, once the devs get their hands on it, they can find what changed and patch the 1.50 libs.