• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

no w-lan in homebrew

fancyspectacles

Please can someone offer me some advice? I have m33-4 cfw and ever since I started using CFW I have been unable to use Wlan for homebrew. It works fine with iso and for the normal browser but when I try PSP radio etc. it says there is an error connecting to the network. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Have you gotten the update which fixes the wlan bug in the firmware?

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Yea i just didnt know which firmware of m33 you were on didnt specify anyways have you made sure the switch is on. If so try making sure that the wlan in your house or area your in is working and if all that fails I'm at a loss is this only for homebrew?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
First is your network is using WPA or WEP encrypted? If so PSPRadio will have to be placed in the GAME352 folder.

fancyspectacles

the switch is ok and Im using WPA, However I have a "GAME" folder rather than a "GAME352" does this make a difference? Ive tried renaming it and It stops reading the card so I guess I should leave it as it is. When I try to run PSPRadio from the "GAME" folder it gives the error code (8002014C).
Should I downgrade back to 1.50 and start over, or is there another way? Can I just load the M33 3.51 W-LAN fix over the top of my current CFW (M33 3.52-4)?
Thanks for the advice so far guys.:)

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I think it specifies that the eboot be placed in the GAME150 folder does it not if not dont move it read the readme for it. Scratch that if you dont have a GAME352 folder make one then place it in there the folder should be in F:/PSP/ directory.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
the switch is ok and Im using WPA, However I have a "GAME" folder rather than a "GAME352" does this make a difference? Ive tried renaming it and It stops reading the card so I guess I should leave it as it is. When I try to run PSPRadio from the "GAME" folder it gives the error code (8002014C).
Should I downgrade back to 1.50 and start over, or is there another way? Can I just load the M33 3.51 W-LAN fix over the top of my current CFW (M33 3.52-4)?
Thanks for the advice so far guys.:)

Well, keep your GAME folder as is but create a GAME352 alongside it. Then move PSPRadio to the GAME352 folder.

Do not run the 3.51 WiFi fix - that's already integrated into 3.52 M33.

fancyspectacles

Ive tried making a "GAME352" folder and placing PSPRadio in there and it comes up with the same error message (8002014C) when I try to play it. It also shows a corrupted file above PSPRadio on the memory card . It plays fine in the "GAME150" folder though, it just won't connect to the network its the same with Daedelus, PSPTube and Installotron.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ive tried making a "GAME352" folder and placing PSPRadio in there and it comes up with the same error message (8002014C) when I try to play it. It also shows a corrupted file above PSPRadio on the memory card . It plays fine in the "GAME150" folder though, it just won't connect to the network its the same with Daedelus, PSPTube and Installotron.

hum... are you sure this is the latest version? 1.18.1377?

The thing is WPA does not work under GAME150. It's only available if the application is placed in the GAME352 folder. Not every application works under 3.52 kernel though, but I thought the latest version of PSPRadio did.

fancyspectacles

Installotron, PSPRadio etc will only run from the "GAME150" folder, if I try any other folder it just gives me an error message after the splash screen.
When I run either app in "GAME150" they load okay, the W-LAN light comes on for a second or two and then go's out and no connection is possible.
W-LAN works fine with ISO / UMD games and normal browser duties it just seems to be homebrew it doesnt like.
This has had me stumped for weeks.:(

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Just get new copies of them or it may be your mem stick check if its a genuine magic gate stick bye going to video pressing triangle on the mem card icon and seeing if it says magicgate supported if it says magicgate unknown then the mem stick may be the problem if not and if you wish to just try to redownload the file and use it I've had to do it before with emus and stuff.

fancyspectacles

I wasnt using the latest version, I downloaded it and now it works. I feel like a dumbass. Thanks a lot though x3sphere & CanadaJames you've saved the day. (oh and yeah, it's running from my new "GAME352" folder)

Its tough being a noob :)