• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 Delayed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp351customfirmware.jpg

According to a statement released on Team M33's official website, the release of custom firmware 3.71 M33 has been pushed back. The unfortunate OE source code leak not only affected Team Wildc*rd, but also has allowed Sony to further secure its firmware, thus hindering Team M33's efforts.

[blockquote2] Due to the leak (that we've always gone against this crime) of the OE sources from a private SVN, everyone can
take a peek into the patches done from the Open Edition to the original firmwares to allow the development
into this scene that was growing day after day. And, when we say anyone, we include Sony.

This intrusion into one of the basis of the actual PSP Scene, has just made harm to the entire world of the
PSP Scene. Therefore, Sony saw this and made some interesting changes in some modules (mainly loadcore), plus
the change of some nids that are used to the development of M33 Custom Firmware.[/blockquote2]

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Ah crap, bad news. Ah well, I'm sure they and team Wildc*rd will figure out how to get around the stuff, they always do.:smile:

Richlando

Let's hope so...on a side note, why do I have to log in to post on the front page if I'm already logged in at the forums?

Sony can delay it, just can't stop it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Let's hope so...on a side note, why do I have to log in to post on the front page if I'm already logged in at the forums?

Sony can delay it, just can't stop it.

Uses different cookies... once I can figure out how to get the login system to create the same cookies vBulletin uses then you won't have to. :)

almadawarrior

bad news indeed, anyway i'm pretty sure that m33 can do it, the best luck to them, and take your time, currently there aren't any new games that need that update, and the custom themes option is pretty useless, because we already can crate our own themes, but sony one is still the best hehe :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Chilly Willy

Contributor
The reason they posted that message is simple - people saw how fast they made their previous updates and are bitching about how long it's taking them to get 3.71 M33 out. They're simply letting folks know who they SHOULD be bitching at for the delay.

supaquickt

So these changes were not in the 3.60 Firmware yeh?

I guess Sony were to far ahead to go back and install this version (3.71) and simply decided that they'd wait for the slims release to update it (it probably wasn't even finished)?

As a side note: surely Sony could have had someone reverse the source anyway? Instead they got it handed to them on a plate..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So these changes were not in the 3.60 Firmware yeh?

I guess Sony were to far ahead to go back and install this version (3.71) and simply decided that they'd wait for the slims release to update it (it probably wasn't even finished)?

As a side note: surely Sony could have had someone reverse the source anyway? Instead they got it handed to them on a plate..

Firmware 3.60 was actually compiled & finished before 3.52, as Sony had to finish the firmware quick to show off the new Slim features at E3. That's why 3.60 is only compatible with the Slim as well. So, no it doesn't include these changes.

Yeah no doubt Sony has people who can reverse engineer but having the source makes it 10 times as easy for them.

supaquickt

Oh I see. Any news yet if Sony is shipping PSP's with 3.71 yet? So at the moment you can only downgrade 3.6 right (yes/no/maybe)? I might go buy one so I don't have to wait for M33 to get through this.. Although I don't think it'll be long.