• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Team M33: We're Taking A Break, PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 Finished

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp351customfirmware.jpg

Respected Russian hacking team M33 has confirmed that PSP custom firmware 3.71 M33 is now fully completed, but as a result of an internal group vote the team has decided to take a small break before releasing the updated firmware.

The team cited code stealers and disrespectful users as the main reason for not releasing the firmware at this time, presumably to teach these types of people a lesson.

[blockquote2] First, looking at how have things have come since we started our work,
we now know how might have felt other developers when there are much
other interests that don't benefit to the entire Scene. We all know
what we are talking about, and we will make our best to eradicate all
of this rotted side of the world in which we are nowadays, in the near
future.

Second, to teach a lesson. A mayor percentage of the PSP (and others)
Scene(s) has to think about what it has come into since there are lots
and lots of people that just want to steal money and attention when they
don't even deserve it. This has existed since the beggining, and this is,
clearly, to that hackers-wannabe that modify a couple of files and want
to be acclaimed as a God-like.

And third, to have fun looking at how all this lamers that steal codes
don't know what to do when there is no binaries or sources to modify ;-)
Ok, that last one was kidding a bit... but that doesn't mean that it's
not right :p[/blockquote2]

Taking a Break in the Way [M33]

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
well it might give other developers like team wildcard a chance to get something out.

almadawarrior

SONY just got OWNED again
hurray to the great team m33
these guys definitively deserve it :)

PAinKiLLa

There's always going to be flamers there just sad ppl with nothing better to do, I personally think m33 are doing a great job & I showed my gratitude with a donation. Keep up the good work guys & have a nice brake.

A

Alucard

Team M33 doesn't owe us anything, so they have the right to do as they like. I can't stress this enough, and I appreciate the work that they have done.

However, I don't see a point in punishing the majority in order to teach a lesson to the few rotten people of the scene. Whenever Team M33 does decide to release it(if at all), the rotten few will still try to mess things up anyways.

That's my two cents.

Kwipper

I think Team M33 did the right thing. Usually what the sarges in the military do is whenever one person decides to be a jackass, they punish the whole platroon, then leave the platoon to root out the jackass, and beat the snot out of him unless he shapes up... or leaves. Very effective tactic Team M33. Keep up the good work.

drmaniam

I think team M33 is doing the right thing. Some time you just have to teach some ppl lesson the hard way. I will be waiting patienly for team M33 to release the new custom firmware in their own time. Like all others, I hope it will be soon. Keep up the good work team M33. Looking forward to all your future releases.