• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New Antivirus Software

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Anyone have any suggestions since my father has norton but it's running out in month so we dont need something else but I hear norton sucks so maybe we should switch any advice?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I HIGHLY suggest Eset NOD32. By FAR the best anti-virus around. If you're looking for an 'internet security' suite then Eset also has an entire suite too. Even though you may not have heard of it it IS awesome.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
backwhen i has windows installed, i used AVG. :)

never really bothered with any firewalls other than the one with SP2
never had any problems :)

then again i never used the computer to look up pron ;)

Roe

Yep Nod32 is the best IMO. It updates at least twice a day and has early threat detection.

Darkchild

The Doctor
I use Avira (Of course, I had to be different) I won't say it's better than A or B but it does it's job

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
Just don't download $h!7 and you'll be fine. Thats how people get 90% of the viruses.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I'm preety sure if you don't download anything at all theres not much point to a computer people attack you just sending data from site to site I need something and I think that Nod thing is probs it.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Nod32 is the best, although it is not free. The best free AV software is Avast Home Edition. You may be asking yourself, well it's free..therefore it's not as good as the paid software. Well, if you are saying that, you'd be wrong ;) Avast, in my opinion, is the second best AV software out on the market and I highly recommend it - it's what I'm using right now

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
never had any problems without an anti virus program so whats the point...

You're taking a big risk there, that's what. You probably have some trojans/viruses on your computers right now that are risking the integrity of your computer, I would advise installing AV software. Just because you do not notice anything wrong doesn't mean that everything is alright.

Pariah

Spyware Doctor apparently turns up great results. I've got a registered version, but i'm pretty sure you can at least scan your computer to see what's on there (that shouldn't be) with a trial version.

XJBX

Professional Retard
Nod32 By far is the best antivirus