• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Questions about Custom Firmware Extender 1.4

BorgmanJayce

I have a few questions about Custom Firmware Extender 1.4 that I was wondering if anybody could help me with...

1) I'm curious as to what the USB Mass Storage option refers to in the Read Me...
2) What kinds of USB Mass Storage can you use and set using the CFE?
3) How do you edit and set up the buttons so that I can reset and power off my PSP using a button... [I take it I need to edit the cfe.cfg file? If so, what sections do I need to edit?]

Acerthief

1.USB Mass Storage means to see the files on your memory stick from your psp on your computer via USB wire.

2. For now you can open USB Mass Storage to see the things in your library. You can only change the button combos to either turn on or turn off the USB Mass Storage.

3. Open the cfe with notepad.
All the functions are [Combo + Function button]. for example, the combo button is "0x800000", meaning the combo button is the "note" button.(you can see what each code stands for at the start of the cfe) scroll down to the "Buttons settings", and you'll see the function "Set the power off function button". two lines under you'll see "poweroffButton = 0x000040", meaning pressing the "note" [combo] and "d-pad down" [function], you're power wil be turned off.

Now say you want to "note + D-pad up", then you change the poweroffButton = 0x000040, to poweroffButton = 0x000010.

Or you can change the combo button, say into "ScreenBrightness(the button beside the note)+ D-pad up", the you change
comboButton = 0x800000 to comboButton = 0x400000.

And so on....:D
Feel free to ask more questions

BorgmanJayce

Thanks for helping out as always. I do have another question:
I accidentally wrote over the cfe file for joysens which uses the same plugins folder+cfe file as custom firmware extender and i was wondering how can i use both homebrew if they have the same file?

Acerthief

It's okay for the folder, just bind two folders into one (copying the files in one folder into the other), and bind the game.txt , vsh.txt all taht into one. Simply copy the text of one .txt into the the other one.

But for the cfe file.... i dont think there's another way since both the programmers did it the same method. I think you can only leave one out.

BorgmanJayce

So if I copy this line "ms0:/SEPLUGINS/joysens.prx" into the relvant files for the custom firmware enabler, it should work...

BorgmanJayce

In the vsh.txt file, I've done it like this: I take it would work this way? On another note, thanks as always for your help, acerthief!:biggrin:

ms0:/seplugins/cfe_vsh.prx
ms0:/SEPLUGINS/joysens.prx

BorgmanJayce

I've since checked the joysens zip file and I made a mistake as I thought there was a cfe file with joysens... My apologies... That's what I get for playing about with PSP Filer... *sweatdrop*

It's good to know that there's a community here willing to help people who have problems with their PSP's no matter how big or small...:smile: