• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

help with custom firmware

i just bought a psp slim a week ago
this is my first psp ever
i just have a few questions
1. How can i play games from Memory stick?
2. what exactly do i need to be able to install 3.60 M33 custom firmware?
thanks

donsammy

1. Youll Need A Cfw For That, Need To Own The Game.
2.theres No Downgrader For Slim Psp. At This Moment.

No Piracy Allowded.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
1. Youll Need A Cfw For That, Need To Own The Game.
2.theres No Downgrader For Slim Psp. At This Moment.

No Piracy Allowded.

Calm down there, Tex- first of all, there isn't a downgrader for PSPSL, BUT if it's running 3.60 you can install 3.60M33, although you need someone else or another PSP that runs homebrew. Also, he made no mention about piracy.

Cheezeball99

so i need to have a fat psp, don't i?
is there anyway you can do it without a fat psp?

Well, if YOU don't have one then do you have a friend that has a homebrew-capable PSP?

komplexq

Well, if YOU don't have one then do you have a friend that has a homebrew-capable PSP?

I have a friend with PSP fat FW 3.40OE. How can I use that to then use on my psp slim. Also, isn't the battery bigger on the FAT? How will it work on the slim?

Thanks

Cheezeball99

I have a friend with PSP fat FW 3.40OE. How can I use that to then use on my psp slim. Also, isn't the battery bigger on the FAT? How will it work on the slim?

Thanks

You can use his PSP and his battery (slim batteries don't work) to create a Pandora's Battery, which you can then use on your PSP, in conjunction with the 3.60M33 install files to install 3.60M33, which you can then upgrade to 3.71M33.

GUIDES YOU'LL NEED:
Create Pandora's Battery
Install 3.60M33
Upgrade to 3.71M33
Revert his battery back

Also, sidenote, I'm not sure about the phat's battery size, I don't have a slim, I assume they ARE bigger, but they'll still fit into the PSP and work.

thanks

EDIT: anyone knows when another way of modding for psp slim without fat psp is out?

**post merged**

Cheezeball99

thanks

EDIT: anyone knows when another way of modding for psp slim without fat psp is out?

Don't ask when things will be out, nobody knows.