• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How many of you use to be members at QJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

MD Party Room
There still good amount of activate members here from Qj I venter to say about 20 members, I used to be one of them.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Dang... Because QJ is almost deserted now. Why did you guys leave?

The administration wasn't very helpful when it came to the forums. They basically handed "control" (limited) over to myself and a few other administrators. We were expected to run a forum with very little help and weren't provided the necessary permissions in order to update the forum software which provided our biggest hurdle. As such we broke off and formed MforMature in which we could cater directly to the needs of our community and we eventually merged with eXophase a year ago since x3sphere helped us a ton at MFM

Harleymandvdson

Ok nice and I kind of agree with you but what was your username on QJ?

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Btw what to you mean by update the forum software?

TeamOverload

He had the same name over at QJ, I'm from there as well. I can't even imagine how people still go to that site today, I've looked it lately, and god damn, it's a mess.

Adiuvo

You're not going to be able to fix it up. The site is pretty much dead now, sad to say.

Anyway, just about all of us have moved on and consider QJ in the past. It's not really important anymore.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah I joined late last year and i'm trying to find out what happened to it and i'm also trying to fix it up.

If you joined late last year then we were long gone at that point. We left in 2008 if I recall, right before the ownership of the site changed and frankly a change for the worse. Update the forum software is simple: update it to a newer version for better security and features; we couldn't do that.

Zx30

Beto
I used to visit Qj as well. Was somewhat active in the NDS forums but then I just stopped. Not very active here either though. I usually just lurk around, check the gaming news, and update my picture thread. That's about it. Good to have you around.

Harleymandvdson

Yeah you're right that's almost dead but I can atleast try to save it maybe convince Jon to change the theme and i'm also adding a graphics section, but yeah I just wanted to know what went on because I wasn't a member there when all of this happened. Can someone tell me what happened other then what Ipaq said?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

If you joined late last year then we were long gone at that point. We left in 2008 if I recall, right before the ownership of the site changed and frankly a change for the worse. Update the forum software is simple: update it to a newer version for better security and features; we couldn't do that.

Why couldn't you do that? Also who use to own the site? I thought Jon always owned it?

El Diablo

Yeah why do you care so much? You won't be able to do anything to "fix" or save it, it's dead. If you just joined it a year ago then as Ipaq said everyone here was long gone and you didn't even know the real QJ when before everything changed. When you joined it was already very far downhill and in the process of dying

Harleymandvdson

Yes you're right but I don't have to know the old QJ to fix it. I think if I find out what it's problems are then there might be a slight chance, but I just came here to ask what happened that's all.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah you're right that's almost dead but I can atleast try to save it maybe convince Jon to change the theme and i'm also adding a graphics section, but yeah I just wanted to know what went on because I wasn't a member there when all of this happened. Can someone tell me what happened other then what Ipaq said?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Why couldn't you do that? Also who use to own the site? I thought Jon always owned it?

Couldn't do it because the administration wouldn't give us the proper access, simple as that. They didn't think the forums were important enough. Also as far as I know Jon (Yantis) sold it. It's no longer operated by Content Holdings LLC.

El Diablo

http://forums.qj.net/policies-news-help/155040-qj-under-new-ownership.html

It was already a sinking ship. He took over and changed everything and people grew very unhappy and even more left, and now it's dead. Or something like that I wasn't very active when it was going down but if you really want just go through his posts and various threads he's posted in. He took over and was a controlling dick and was banning a lot of people and deleting posts that he didn't like if I remember correctly. I'm sure you can read the MDPR for a lot of info too if you really want to, if it's even still on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.