• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sony To Drop PS3 Price, Announce 40GB In Europe Tomorrow

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

MenaceInc

Staff Member
hmm...for 299 euro i think i could deal with only two USB slots and no card reader...not sure about the 20gig HD though.....

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
wow, really? than i mey consider to buy one :laugh:
can someone tell me what kind of homebrews can i run on a PS3?

PS:sorry for my bad english:blushing:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
wow, really? than i mey consider to buy one :laugh:
can someone tell me what kind of homebrews can i run on a PS3?

PS:sorry for my bad english:blushing:

Sony supports homebrew on PS3 as it can run Linux right out of the box, so most open source applications that run on a PC will also run on PS3.

Hanzo_f19

Sony supports homebrew on PS3 as it can run Linux right out of the box, so most open source applications that run on a PC will also run on PS3.

WOW!cool:w00t:
so...sony supports homebrew on PS3 but not on PSP:glare: :mad1:
why?

PS:thanks for the info, x3

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
WOW!cool:w00t:
so...sony supports homebrew on PS3 but not on PSP:glare: :mad1:
why?

PS:thanks for the info, x3

I think the main issue is that the PSP firmware wasn't originally designed to run homebrew like the PS3 was. Sony has never said they won't bring homebrew support to PSP, in fact they have said they are considering to bring homebrew to the PSP in a couple interviews during E3. As to if it will happen... who knows, would definitely be cool though.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
was it to run ISO's?

PS3? It can't run ISOs, even if it did backups of Blu-ray discs are 50GB in size, so really no point there. I guess the challenge for Sony with PSP is allowing homebrew but not allowing ISOs at the same time.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
PS3? It can't run ISOs, even if it did backups of Blu-ray discs are 50GB in size, so really no point there. I guess the challenge for Sony with PSP is allowing homebrew but not allowing ISOs at the same time.

Which, unfortunately, is a borderline impossibility.:sad:

Hanzo_f19

sorry, i was talking about PSP. what was originally designed for?

thank you for all the info, you are very helpfull:biggrin:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sorry, i was talking about PSP. what was originally designed for?

thank you for all the info, you are very helpfull:biggrin:

PSP was designed to run encrypted applications only. Every game that is released for PSP, Sony themselves need to encrypt the EBOOT.BIN for it to run.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Wow...crippled ps3's.

crippled?....the only features missing are the extra 2 USB ports and the built-in card readers...other than that i'd say this is well worth the money...

almadawarrior

this isn't a good deal, but if it was i would definitively trade my 360 for the 40gb ps3, then we have the 360 games (great exclusives) and the ps3 games (3rd party games also available for the 360), doesn't worth it, i will stick with my 360 and my 3 year warranty, lol, yay for microsoft

J

Junit

Imma buy it if it's pretty cheap before MGS4 , until then I look theother towards the playstation 3