• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Assassin's Creed To Feature 40 Hours Gameplay, No Demo

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ASSASSIN%5C'S-CREED_S_%5BKingdom%5D_%5BHorseRide%5D_We.jpg

Speaking in a recent interview, Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond revealed that a playable demo of the game is not in the works. You may ask, why?

[blockquote2]No, we're not making a demo. This game is more like a sandbox style game where there's a lot of things, so it's not a linear mission where you can say, OK, we're making a demo and we're giving you this mission...

there's no way to say, OK, we're going to cut up this square of the city and give that to you in a demo because then you can't run around or do the gameplay. There's no way to really make a demo and i think that's the same reason game's like GTA don't have a demo...[/blockquote2]

OK, understood. But I do think there are ways to make a demo for this type of game. GTA may not have done it, but other "sandbox" games like Saint's Row managed with a demo. Not to mention all the previous GTA games were last-gen, who's to say IV won't have a demo?

Apart from the disappointing news of no demo, Jade however did say the game will offer over 40 hours of gameplay after factoring in all the core and side-missions.

New Assassin's Creed interview [GT]

almadawarrior

i need a demo, i can't thrust gamespot's reviews -_-
and yes, please, cut that square from the city, then give us 30 minutes, and maybe 3 missions, and everyone will be happy and buy your game Jade, gameplay footage won't do the job, you'r advised to release the demo (because it's a new game, different from all the others who deserve to be advertised
i bet splinter cell conviction will have a demo

Sardu

wOw! 40 hours for an action game? I hope this game is good. Been waitin' for it since it was first shown.

shadowro

np Jade, we will play it until the release date, the full game, we don't ned the demo anyway, after we test it enough, we consider to buy the game, if it's worth it! lol