• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Looking for Japanese 1.50 eBOOT

BorgmanJayce

Does anyone know where I can get a Japanese 1.50 eBoot file from as I need it so I can install the 1.50 upgrade plugin for 3.71 M33...

I tried the North American version of the 1.50 eBoot file and renamed it to 150.pbp and placed it in the proper folder and everything but it didn't work so I guess I need the Japanese 1.50 eBoot file...

Acerthief

There isn't a difference between the same firmware EBOOTS from different regions, BTW.
Check it out HERE

BorgmanJayce

I think I know what I did wrong at the time... I still had the 3.71 eboot in the update folder at the same time even tho it was renamed to 371.pbp and even tho I removed the 3.71 eboot [which was Japanese to match my PSP], and kept the 150.pbp, it still wouldn't work...

Is it better to be safe than to be sorry to install Japanese firmware when the new M33 CFW's come out and it requires it just to be on the safe side?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Acer is right... there is no difference between regions in update EBOOTs.

And actually... the only 1.50 EBOOT available is Japanese. Firmware 1.50 was never released as a EBOOT in the US or Europe, since the launch PSPs shipped with firmware 1.50.

Darkchild

The Doctor
Acer is right... there is no difference between regions in update EBOOTs.

And actually... the only 1.50 EBOOT available is Japanese. Firmware 1.50 was never released as a EBOOT in the US or Europe, since the launch PSPs shipped with firmware 1.50.

didn't that happen to 1.00 too? XD

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
:confused1: ...i don't think there is a 1.00 EBOOT....

Yep that's right, there is no 1.0 EBOOT. Since the launch PSPs shipped with 1.0 in Japan.