• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Question about file storage compression in PSPComic

BorgmanJayce

What's the best form of compression for file storage in PSPComic? Would people recommend CBR [aka the special comic book storage version of RAR] or CBZ [the Winzip equivalent]?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What's the best form of compression for file storage in PSPComic? Would people recommend CBR [aka the special comic book storage version of RAR] or CBZ [the Winzip equivalent]?

I would say CBZ. ZIP loads faster than RAR and seeing as images are already compressed, you won't get much of space savings with RAR.

BorgmanJayce

I use CBZ in any case but I read that CBR was supposed to have more storage advantages than CBZ...

Out of curiosity, is it safe to set the compression in winzip for each file to its maximum setting for PSPComic or should I have it at Normal setting?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I use CBZ in any case but I read that CBR was supposed to have more storage advantages than CBZ...

Out of curiosity, is it safe to set the compression in winzip for each file to its maximum setting for PSPComic or should I have it at Normal setting?

Yeah it's safe to set it to maximum.