• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 M33 Install Guide

GEoMaNTiK

Yes that's correct. Takes around 5 minutes to install 3.71 M33-1, same as an official Sony update.

Sorry to be a ball breaker x3, you've been very helpful and quick to respond.

When I'm on 3.71m33-1, do I leave the unmodule.prx file in the update directory when I flash to 3.71m33-2 or doesn't this matter either way?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry to be a ball breaker x3, you've been very helpful and quick to respond.

When I'm on 3.71m33-1, do I leave the unmodule.prx file in the update directory when I flash to 3.71m33-2 or doesn't this matter either way?

Doesn't matter either way, as the 3.71 M33-2 update does not attempt to load this file.

PsychoticSmiley

3.71M33 and 1.50 added problems with backups loading

Hey all, I just updated to 3.71 and added 1.50 correctly. Everything seems to work fine, emulators etc.

Though one game backup I had that was working under 3.40 OE and 1.50 isn't working now, the image that was the correct game image is now replaced with the grey image.

I'm going to try to load it again when I get home and try again.

I tried using the different options in registry 1.50, 3.xx, trying OE isofs legacy -No UMD, Normal, m33 driver, and Sony NP9660. same effect not able to run. error or freezes on black screen, able to power down still after holding it in. It is an iso so its not in the game 150, 303 etc folders.

I may have to re-encode into the new version, I'm just wondering why it changed when I'm still using a 1.50 kernel and now the only difference is 3.71M33
Any help would be appreciated.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey all, I just updated to 3.71 and added 1.50 correctly. Everything seems to work fine, emulators etc.

Though one game backup I had that was working under 3.40 OE and 1.50 isn't working now, the image that was the correct game image is now replaced with the grey image.

I'm going to try to load it again when I get home and try again.

I tried using the different options in registry 1.50, 3.xx, trying OE isofs legacy -No UMD, Normal, m33 driver, and Sony NP9660. same effect not able to run. error or freezes on black screen, able to power down still after holding it in. It is an iso so its not in the game 150, 303 etc folders.

I may have to re-encode into the new version, I'm just wondering why it changed when I'm still using a 1.50 kernel and now the only difference is 3.71M33
Any help would be appreciated.

What game is it? Try changing CPU speed to 333MHz as well.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Already using 333. LocoRoco.

Has to be a bad ISO - try re-dumping the UMD, why it worked on 3.40 OE I'm not sure, but I have Loco Roco and it works fine on 3.71 M33.

ipeelscats

Battery level

My battery is fully charged and i am getting the battery message when i try to install. i am installing from 3.52v4. What am i doing wrong?

GEoMaNTiK

Doesn't matter either way, as the 3.71 M33-2 update does not attempt to load this file.

Hey x3, can I just say THANK YOU!!!

It's bloody nice being treated like a human when you have questions to ask that you hope others can help with and you've been an huge help!

I'm always one to search and try to find the answers without them being handed to me on a platter, some guys on other boards expect you to know the answers and gives the impression any questions are not welcome. I just didn't want to brick my PSP and wanted to get a clear picture of how to do it right the first time.

You've restored my faith in helping and I hope I can return the favour to someone else as I learn all there is to know about PSP.

Cheers mate!

PsychoticSmiley

Wow, regarding loco roco, I re-loaded the iso and it works fine.

I've been able to use PspTube under 3.xx as well.

3.71 looks to be running sweetly.

What are the differences with 3.71M33-2? is there any bonus over 3.71M33? I'd rather not use pandora's battery to downgrade then re-upgrade to 3.71 if I have to.

ap_ichor

Hey guys, hoping you can help me out. I upgraded to 3.71 M33 and successfully installed the 1.50 kernel update, and none of my emulators will run. ISOs work fine, it seems.

It either goes black and shuts down the PSP (crashes) or gives me various error codes including 8002014C (firmware installed doesn't support homebrew I think) and 80020148 (incorrect PRX type?).

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Maybe I need to format my memory stick? I dunno).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey x3, can I just say THANK YOU!!!

It's bloody nice being treated like a human when you have questions to ask that you hope others can help with and you've been an huge help!

I'm always one to search and try to find the answers without them being handed to me on a platter, some guys on other boards expect you to know the answers and gives the impression any questions are not welcome. I just didn't want to brick my PSP and wanted to get a clear picture of how to do it right the first time.

You've restored my faith in helping and I hope I can return the favour to someone else as I learn all there is to know about PSP.

Cheers mate!

Thanks for the complement :smile:

Wow, regarding loco roco, I re-loaded the iso and it works fine.

I've been able to use PspTube under 3.xx as well.

3.71 looks to be running sweetly.

What are the differences with 3.71M33-2? is there any bonus over 3.71M33? I'd rather not use pandora's battery to downgrade then re-upgrade to 3.71 if I have to.

3.71 M33-2 is mainly a bug fix release. No need to downgrade again and install... just run the update from the PSP. Takes like 5 seconds to upgrade.

The update is available here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3814

Hey guys, hoping you can help me out. I upgraded to 3.71 M33 and successfully installed the 1.50 kernel update, and none of my emulators will run. ISOs work fine, it seems.

It either goes black and shuts down the PSP (crashes) or gives me various error codes including 8002014C (firmware installed doesn't support homebrew I think) and 80020148 (incorrect PRX type?).

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Maybe I need to format my memory stick? I dunno).

Did you try placing the emulators in PSP/GAME150?

ap_ichor

Let me try that after I format (don't worry, I had it all backed up on my desktop). I'd have to set the kernel to 1.50 via the recovery menu for M33 right?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Let me try that after I format (don't worry, I had it all backed up on my desktop). I'd have to set the kernel to 1.50 via the recovery menu for M33 right?

No need to set the kernel to 1.50. Anything placed in GAME150 will force the PSP to use 1.5 kernel.

ap_ichor

Then nope, doesn't work. PSP just goes black, shuts off.

Moved all emus back to GAME folder where they worked in 3.52-4 M33, now I get error code 80020148 on all of them, or they crash the PSP (RIN GB/GBC emulator does this). Cave Story (freeware homebrew, so I know you can run the homebrew at least) and FFVII disc 1 run perfectly fine (FFVII is of course an ISO).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Then nope, doesn't work. PSP just goes black, shuts off.

Moved all emus back to GAME folder where they worked in 3.52-4 M33, now I get error code 80020148 on all of them, or they crash the PSP (RIN GB/GBC emulator does this). Cave Story (freeware homebrew, so I know you can run the homebrew at least) and FFVII disc 1 run perfectly fine (FFVII is of course an ISO).

Give eLoader a try:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3540

Also, if you want to run 1.5 homebrew from the GAME folder, you'll need to set that option in recovery to 1.5 kernel. Cave Story works since its written for the 3.X kernel.

ap_ichor

OK that works...but it's still pretty annoying to have to go through all that. If they can't be run normally, I might Pandora back to 3.52-4...

jimex289

Hello I'm considering getting a PSP Slim real soon and I just need to get some facts straight. How would I get 3.71 M33 firmware on my PSP if I have access to a homebrew enabled PSP 1.5 CFW? I would need to get to 3.60 M33 on my PSP before moving onto 3.71 M33. I understand that part.

Let's say I get a new PSP slim and it has 3.60 or 3.71 firmware on it. I would first have to get to 3.60 M33 to move onto 3.71 M33. How would I upgrade to 3.60 M33 CFW? Would I follow the instructions on how to make a service battery (Pandora's Battery), but instead of using the 1.5 FW update, I replace it with 3.60 M33 CFW update? And then I'd revert the battery back to normal, and follow the same steps for making a service battery except this time with 3.71 M33? I'm very confused...please clarify for me. Thanks!