• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.52 M33 Install Guide

MOZYB

HI HO ASTON VILLA
im on 3.03 OE-C and i do wat you say (skip first step ) it goes to the black screen says
loading 1.50 firmware... OK.
writing 1.50 firmware... OK.
loading 3.52 firmware.... OK.
writing 3.52 firmware...

and just stayed like that for 45 mins and wont go ok :S

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
im on 3.03 OE-C and i do wat you say (skip first step ) it goes to the black screen says
loading 1.50 firmware... OK.
writing 1.50 firmware... OK.
loading 3.52 firmware.... OK.
writing 3.52 firmware...

and just stayed like that for 45 mins and wont go ok :S

Not good, is there any memory stick activity at all? You probably bricked due to a faulty memory stick.

MOZYB

HI HO ASTON VILLA
yes there is memcard activity and i just pull battery out and it still works fine but i left it for further hour and half and didnt work :\

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes there is memcard activity and i just pull battery out and it still works fine but i left it for further hour and half and didnt work :\

Do you have another memory stick you can try this with? Seems like the one you're using is faulty if its not able to create the update file.

MOZYB

HI HO ASTON VILLA
ye it worked straight away mate thanks alot....just got to charge my psp from 74% up to 75%

xman

I'm a big noob, need some help on these questions.

1. When I have updated to 3.52 M33 from 1.50 is it ok to format my memory stick or will it damage my psp since Im wanting to update to the verson 7 of this I think is out now.
  2. So should I format my memory stick right after I have updated to 3.52 M33 or should I wait until after I have updated to the newiest verson?
  3. Should I format my memory stick at all?
  4. I have a 512 SanDisk memory card it says "Memory Stick PRO Duo" "MagicGate!"
  5. Does that mean that it is REAL or fake I ask this since when copying some data files it has made the Save data currunpt my friends say that has happend to them with their 1GB sony ones but is this card real I got this from GAME shop in the uk so it should be right yes?
  6. I have ordered a new 4 GB Sony one it should arrive tomorrow the same day as Lummines but witch one should I work I dont want to be using a faultly memory stick?
  7. Thanks. I will update you on the status of my psp when I have updated it and downgraded it lols.

Acerthief

1,2,3) YES always format your memory stick before flashing in case of any corruption. and 3.71M33 is out, but you need to upgrade to 3.52M33 first with this guide your posting.

4,5,6) you can check if you memory stick is fake by looking at the "Information" section on your PSP. (go to any function that has a memory stick on your main screen and press information for... information :D).
or you can check if you memory stick is fake by looking at this thread HERE

and that's about it!

stubeadley1

Hi I have successfully downgraded and upgraded my psp before, but I am struggling with this one.

I have downloaded the updater and the 2 files 150.pbp and 352.pbp> I put them into psp game150 folder but when I try to activate the psp restarts and says the game could not be started (80000001)
Any ideas?

xman

What firmware are you on?

More questions.

1. I have ordered a new copy of Lummines will it be patched?

2. If it's pached what verson of patch will I need to be able to run this upgrade?

3. Do I need all the upgrades onto 3.52 M33 to be able to install the newer verson?

4. If I format my memory stick when I have upgarded to 3.52 M33 will I loose any of the folders that I need that would be good or used for homebrew?

5. Is it safe to delete the internet files before I update?

6. Is 3.71M33 better than 3.52 M33?

Ty! Thanks very much.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What firmware are you on?

More questions.

1. I have ordered a new copy of Lummines will it be patched?

2. If it's pached what verson of patch will I need to be able to run this upgrade?

3. Do I need all the upgrades onto 3.52 M33 to be able to install the newer verson?

4. If I format my memory stick when I have upgarded to 3.52 M33 will I loose any of the folders that I need that would be good or used for homebrew?

5. Is it safe to delete the internet files before I update?

6. Is 3.71M33 better than 3.52 M33?

Ty! Thanks very much.

1. No, shouldn't be. Only some Japanese copies of the game have been reported as patched.

2. Patched Lumines won't be able to run the downgrader period. But you shouldn't worry unless you ordered it from Japan.

3. You need install 3.52 M33, t hen apply the 3.52 M33-4 update, which includes all previous updates into one.

4. No, if you format the memory stick on PSP it auto creates all the folders you need.

5. Yes.

6. 3.71 M33 is better.

Acerthief

where did you download the the 150.PBP?
also a fake memory stick might be the problem. Check it out HERE to see if you have a fake one.

For recovery settings disable everything, plugins, skip logo all that.
No need to downgrade to 1.5, as you've found in another thread.

rayban

Do you mean where from or where to
I downloaded all the files from this topic.

I put the 150 and the 352 update PBP in the M33 creator map
So there are 3 files now including the Eboot PBP~.
I had to create the Game150file on the psp.

I will check the memorystick right away.
No problems with the mem.sticks.
So still no clue.

rayban

OK got it installing now. But after loading the 3.52firmware it's getting
stuck in the writing 0f 3.52. I Already tried 2 different 3.52.PBPs?
Does this ring a bell with any of you guys?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
OK got it installing now. But after loading the 3.52firmware it's getting
stuck in the writing 0f 3.52. I Already tried 2 different 3.52.PBPs?
Does this ring a bell with any you guys?

Sounds like a fake memory stick... are you sure the size of your 352.PBP is correct? Around 20.5MB?

frostiii

i currently have 1.5 installed.. and i followed the steps but i cant run the program.. please help

it says "game cannot be loaded"

and i cant get into the recovery menu for some reason