• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 UpDate help please

mystic defender

i just downloaded the 3.71 update and get this message "the system configuration of this psp system dose not appear to be correct. the update cannot be completed (DRNFFFFFFCD)
Whats going on, i just got tomb raider anniversary today for the psp and i get the same message. Any help thanks, i have version 2.82 on my PsP

Acerthief

was the PSP second hand?
also do you have a history of the PSP's firmware?

this might help.

**Moved to PSP Help Center**

mystic defender

it was new when i got it, it had 3.50 and i used lumines to down grade to 1.50 . then i went up to whatever firmeware i read from this site but by this stage i was over home brew. I put n my Gurumin UMD and udated to 2.80 :confused1:

Acerthief

ahhh. that's a problem with the keys.
It's normal, but i'm not sure how to fix it.

What is mean is that after you've downgraded with lumines from 3.50, your PSP is temporary "locked" meaning that it can't go to any newer firmwares.

you'll have to wait for another mod to help on this, I'm not sure about how to fix this issue.

I'm sorry.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's because you still have a patched key 5. So, what firmware are you on? 2.80 or 2.82?

If 2.82, the only way I see out is by updating to 3.03 and using the 3.03 downgrader (which requires an unpatched copy of GTA: LCS).

There is also the Pandora Battery method. Since you don't have a homebrew capable PSP, someone will have to create the battery + magic memory stick for you.

What you have to do is get to firmware 2.71, so you can run KeyCleaner and unpatch key 5. If you're running firmware 2.80 this will be considerably easier, since there is a firmware 2.80 downgrader available.

XsavioR

it was new when i got it, it had 3.50 and i used lumines to down grade to 1.50 . then i went up to whatever firmeware i read from this site but by this stage i was over home brew. I put n my Gurumin UMD and udated to 2.80 :confused1:

First off.

1. is it ta-082 or ta-086? (y/n)
2. "then i went up to whatever firmeware i read from this site"
(i shouldnt have to ask......)
3. you became "over" homebrew, and updated from "Whatever"CFW to official 2.80 off a game and wonder why it doesnt work? (y/n)

psp = purty , shiny , nearly useless umd player. well designed under implimented/developed.
psp + CFW = music , remotes, homebrewgames, pspftpd, customization of internals, plugins, emulators, psone , wireless music from the pc, and a ton i cant remember.

I have to wonder about the " but by this stage i was over home brew. I put n my Gurumin UMD and udated to 2.80 " comment . Clearly to install sony FW is to terribly gimp out ones psp. Infact to make it REALLY not fun. You will need to be more clear to get a decisive answer.

mystic defender

1) 3.50 Downgrade Guide
2) Downgrade to 1.50
3) Thought that i had bricked my PsP but didn't, thought maybe not to mess with home brew & reto gaming
4) Few days latter i put in Gurumin and did the update to 2.82
5) Got Tomb Raider Annivesary asked to upate to 3.50 (which is what my system was when i got it)
6) Got this message "the system configuration of this psp system dose not appear to be correct. the update cannot be completed (DRNFFFFFFCD)
7) it's reads ic1003 (ta-082)

mystic defender

i now have firmware 3.11
and i'm now down to 1.50
where can i go from here? as far as updating firware's. Games like GTA LCS (update ver 2.81) , Daxter (update ver 2.60), Ractchet & Clank (update ver 2.82) & Tomb Raider Anniversary (update ver 3.50) all want me to update the firmware

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
The readme says how to do it but you have one guide here (click me)

PS:After doing that format the memory stick using the PSP and install the update 4 (3.52 M33-4).To install put it inside of the GAME150 folder and run it on your PSP

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
HAH, that kid is good! +rep