• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Firmware 3.72 Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Seems like a rather dull and useless update to me:O

Edit: US and Europe gets this update slower. It's not on the us site yet.>.>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Richlando

That also must mean more titles are forthcoming, maybe more rpg's since they have more disc swapping games...awesome.

On a side note, the pop ID fix for RE2 no longer works in 371M33-2, you have to use the Biohazard 2 Dual Shock Version (J) for the game to fully work and Crono Cross works fully as long as you don't go into the status screen, no more boss fight freeze.So, some things have been fixed and this should mean Sony is adressing problems with games that haven't even been released on the network yet..cool.
Are we SOL on a CFW version of 372? Since DA said he was done after the revisions to 371M33.

icedman204

True about DA stating that he wont make another CFW. Seeing that he was M33 in the first place sony must of figured that out when they cracked the source code for the CFW's. Then again DA did say the same thing when he said he was done with the "OE" firmware.

Do i sence another Alias, maybe but i doubt it as of this moment.

Although i would sure like to try this new update out. I just wonder if the Pandora battery can still downgrade that firmware after testing it (the firmware) out or did sony put a code in the new FW that dissallows the Pandora Battery from accessing the boot.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
The new update has apparently added a Disc Swap option to pops, so you can easily switch between discs when playing a multi disc game.
what is like? do you need select another PBP file?

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
ps:pandora works for the PSP Fat version, i don't know about the PSP Slim version

icedman204

yes i do know that the Pandora works on the FAT and Slims, just if the Pandora works on this new Firmware, if i decided to try this one out.

dennis96411

Man Sony makes a lot of useless update,they sucked!!

dennis96411

so?

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
It aren't blocked from updating to higher ofw than the cfw, but sometimes updating cfw to ofw will cause bricks/semi-bricks (patched keys, registry, residual cfw modules in flash0,flash1 cfw settings,etc)

shadowthor

yep, but you got to remember ppl that updated to 3.71m33 had to have key 5 unpatched, thus making it upgradable to ofw.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Going from 3.71 M33 to 3.72 will work, regardless of the motherboard. Reason for this is because 3.71 M33 automatically unpatches idstorage key 5 during upgrade, so the update block was removed.