• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

pleas help, im half way to having a shiney paper weight...

nevster

hiya, ive really screwed up this time lmao...

i found a really nice theme earlier, it was the Ultimate_Naruto_Theme_1.0, and without thinking i started slapping the files in the desired folders, thing is i didn't read it was for a much earlier custom fw...

half way through putting the roc files into the vsh resource folder my pc displayed an error saying not enough memory on the disk leaving me with no other option but to cancel and then without thinking i restarted my psp, it booted up but left me with no icons on the main screen, seeing as there wasn't enough space on the card i though i would just put back my old roc files that i had backed up. after doin that i restarted my psp and now it wont even boot up but i can still get into the recovery menu :confused1:

i then found out how to clear some space and re installed the naruto theme which will only start to boot up and then freezes...

so i've now removed all the custom theme files and im left with my original roc's and it still wont work, i also found a thread on another site telling me how to restore my psp to 3.52 and then to update to update 4 and then onto 3.71, tried that but because it freezes on boot up it wont make the new eboot it says i should get (thats what i thought anyway)

so has anyone got any ideas or help me out with this please? was wondering if i could download the right roc files i need or if there was a flashing utillity i could use to flash the roc files to my psp as i think thats where i went wrong in the first place

all help will be well appreciated and sorry for the long post lol
thanks
nevster

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You're going to need to do what Darkchild said, sounds like flash0 is messed up.

Did you flash the theme files on 3.71 M33-2?

3.71 M33 has a bug that will sometimes result in bricking when writing to the flash via USB. M33-2 update fixed that.

nevster

no i dont think i did flash them, i went into recovery-advanced-toggle usb flash0 and then just dragged and dropped... thanks for your replys i'll try what darkchild said now and keep my fingers crossed

nevster

OK got the update folder in my game folder, but im not sure how to run it coz my psp freezes on bootup

no worries worked it out, gotta wait for my battery to charge

nevster

ok so i tried step one... it says doin preparation then shuts down... is this not looking good lol

i should have psp which has a faulty umd drive coming, i was thinking about putting a custom fw onto it then making a magic memory stick and jigkick battery, do you think making them and putting them through the semi bricked psp would work?

Darkchild

The Doctor
you CAN go to recovery mode right?

if so, change the folder's name from UPDATE to recovery
and start the eboot.pbp, that should put it running

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok so i tried step one... it says doin preparation then shuts down... is this not looking good lol

i should have psp which has a faulty umd drive coming, i was thinking about putting a custom fw onto it then making a magic memory stick and jigkick battery, do you think making them and putting them through the semi bricked psp would work?

That would work.

nevster

tried it darkchild it just says doin preperation and then i get a black screen for about 40 secs and then it shuts down.

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
I dont know if anyone thought about asking this, but do you have a slim or phat PSP?

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
I hope so

nevster

hiya peeps,

spoke to my mate whose psp im getting but not sure if im going to be able to put a custom fw on it yet tho, as i dont know what sony fw he's on, should it matter? i dont think its a recent fw. and there seems to be a problem with the main menu, insted of the icons going across the screen they're going down the screen, im hoping putting the new fw on it will sort it out what do u think?

thanks for all your time
nevster

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hiya peeps,

spoke to my mate whose psp im getting but not sure if im going to be able to put a custom fw on it yet tho, as i dont know what sony fw he's on, should it matter? i dont think its a recent fw. and there seems to be a problem with the main menu, insted of the icons going across the screen they're going down the screen, im hoping putting the new fw on it will sort it out what do u think?

thanks for all your time
nevster

maybe he has a custom theme installed? go into System Settings - System Information and find out what firmware he has installed.

nevster

k got the new psp... managed to get a fully working one, now to make the pandora's battery, ive downloaded the files i need and i'm gonna put the custom fw on in the morning, been looking at the readme file and im not sure about something, do i install the files on to the psp via the recovery mode toggle usb or do i do it by turning the psp on and going through the usb that way? also what fw should i be using on the psp to make the pandoras battery?
oh and 1 more thing (really sorry about being this noobish lol) the psp is running fw 2.81, how do i go about changing it? can i upgrade straight to 3.71 or do i need to downgrade first?

thanks
nevster

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
k got the new psp... managed to get a fully working one, now to make the pandora's battery, ive downloaded the files i need and i'm gonna put the custom fw on in the morning, been looking at the readme file and im not sure about something, do i install the files on to the psp via the recovery mode toggle usb or do i do it by turning the psp on and going through the usb that way? also what fw should i be using on the psp to make the pandoras battery?
oh and 1 more thing (really sorry about being this noobish lol) the psp is running fw 2.81, how do i go about changing it? can i upgrade straight to 3.71 or do i need to downgrade first?

thanks
nevster

Well don't bother with the Pandora files yet, first you'll need to downgrade that PSP if its 2.81.

Two ways to do this, either upgrade to 3.03 and use an unpatched Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories UMD to downgrade to 1.5, or upgrade to 3.11 and use Lumines to downgrade to 1.5.

3.03: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=525
3.11: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3453

If you have neither, could try running the Pandora battery creator on the semi-bricked PSP through recovery. I don't know if it'll work, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

nevster

damnit i sold my gta lol, where do i put mspformat? NO WORRIES SORTED THAT BIT...

now im stuck on this bit

- Remove the Memory Stick and disable the USB connection. done that!

Run "installer" through the firmware on the PSP. This application
will create the firmware files on the root of the Memory Stick, as
well as msipl.bin. ????

dunno how to do it as i can only get into recovery and memory stick isnt in the psp, cant see how i could do it with it in the psp either lol

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
damnit i sold my gta lol, where do i put mspformat? NO WORRIES SORTED THAT BIT...

now im stuck on this bit

- Remove the Memory Stick and disable the USB connection. done that!

Run "installer" through the firmware on the PSP. This application
will create the firmware files on the root of the Memory Stick, as
well as msipl.bin. ????

dunno how to do it as i can only get into recovery and memory stick isnt in the psp, cant see how i could do it with it in the psp either lol

Here, first just try to get the battery converted to Pandora.

Download this archive: http://exophase.com/files/psp/pandora.zip

Then go into the battery folder and rename pandora_battery and pandora_battery% to RECOVERY and RECOVERY%

Copy the two recovery folders to your PSP/GAME folder. Then, try running it through recovery. If the app boots, press triangle to back up the battery eeprom to your memory stick and then press X to convert the battery to Pandora.

nevster

nah its not having it, gonna pinch my mates gta tomorrow... sorry to be so much hassle to ya mate, its well appreciated. is it ok to get some help if i get stuck tomorrow please? and is there anyway of donating to the site?