• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

need help on upgrading 2.60 version..help! im a noob

maeirsvs

pls help me... im new at this.. can you guys give me some instruction on how to upgrade my psp v2.60..is there anything i should do first ? =(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Would be helpful to have more info. What firmware are you upgrading to?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
well, whats the best and latest firmware there is?

it's hard for me to answer that: what are you looking to do with your PSP?

If you just play the latest UMD games, go with Sony's 3.40.

If you want to run your own PSone games and homebrew applications, go with 3.40 OE-A.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
hmmm.. i heard that theres not downgrader for that... or i think i heard wrong... is there?

at the moment,there is no downgrader available for any OFFICIAL Sony firmware above v3.03 and firmwares between v2.81 and v3.03 need an unpatched copy of GTA:Liberty City Stories

Roe

hmmm.. i heard that theres not downgrader for that... or i think i heard wrong... is there?
Theres no downgrader for Sonys 3.40 so don't go to that. Upgrade to 2.71 then downgrade from there then go to 3.40oe-a. Thats Dark_AleX's custom firmware that allows you to use homebrew.

maeirsvs

ok...thanks.. how do i use emulators on psp?like the gba emulator.. can i have a step to step guide on how to install?

maeirsvs

i have a problem with my ps1 game on psp..im currently playing ff7 and im done with disc1 i cant seem to continue to disc2...help me on this one! is there any other way to do so? =(

stazari

Is there such a thing as an Avi, Xvid, etc player for the psp. I havent seen posts on it but I have seen "players" on other sites. Is there one that works well and can someone write a guide. Thanks