• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resident Evil 2 now WORKING on 3.40 OE

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
umm,just had a thought in reference to this game ID fix.....

it'd muck up the gamesaves....having multiple games with one name will mean any time you play one game and save it,then play another game and save that,you'd lose the progress for the 1st game.....

:|

true but every save folder is basically a virtual memory card. so you should be able to get around 20 gave saves on one ID.

seargent007

great find. I actually knew certain IDs caused changes in POPs but never really dwelled on it. I looked for a while for an ID that fixes the HOJO battle in FF7 US version but gave up quickly cause i dont like sitting around for the convert, then playing and almost killing hojo just to have the screen fuck up. Anyone care to find an ID working with it? (will test this RE ID myself). Also, i remember that some PSX emulators on PC needed an option checked to run FF7 uninterupted.

Tenshigami

Hmmmm...It could be possible to use this info to reverse engineer pops and create a plugin to load specific hacks in a way similar to popsloader loads different versions of pops.

But again, it would require someone with the skill, desire, and time on their hands to do so. While I have the desire, I'm severely lacking in the skill and time department. Guess we'll have to stick with using incorrect IDs.

I'm glad to hear FF8 is working, however. I'll have to give it a try.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
true but every save folder is basically a virtual memory card. so you should be able to get around 20 gave saves on one ID.
i suppose but it is still rather annoying....but would save on memory card space too XD

minister_bob

Not to be a whiner...but have we ever figured out a way to use the memory cards we had in our original PSX rips with ones that use the updated GameIDs?

delorean88mph

guys jus a quick update :

for RESIDENT EVIL 2 - LEON : DISC ID -SLPS01222-
FOR DISC 2 (CLAIRE) - DISC ID IS -SLPS01223-

THIS WILL STOP THE SYSTEM GETTING CONFUSED.

delorean88mph

guys, run into a bit of a prob, and it sounds really noobish but i do apologise.

finished leon disc 1 and it has created a claire scenario B save file.

however, when i try to load this on the claire disc eboot it will not find the save file.

i have tried various different methods e.g same disc id, same save id but nothing works.

not sure if the ntsc game worked in this way but i can imagine its the same format.

n e ideas about how to fix or has any one encountered the same prob?

n e one know of a fix ?

cheers

delorean88mph

PSP>2.5>2.6<1.5>3.02 OE-B>3.10 OE-A>3.40 OE-A((SEMI BRICK))<1.5>3.40 OE>4GB MEM

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
guys, run into a bit of a prob, and it sounds really noobish but i do apologise.

finished leon disc 1 and it has created a claire scenario B save file.

however, when i try to load this on the claire disc eboot it will not find the save file.

i have tried various different methods e.g same disc id, same save id but nothing works.

not sure if the ntsc game worked in this way but i can imagine its the same format.

n e ideas about how to fix or has any one encountered the same prob?

n e one know of a fix ?

cheers

delorean88mph

PSP>2.5>2.6<1.5>3.02 OE-B>3.10 OE-A>3.40 OE-A((SEMI BRICK))<1.5>3.40 OE>4GB MEM

in your previous post

for RESIDENT EVIL 2 - LEON : DISC ID -SLPS01222-
FOR DISC 2 (CLAIRE) - DISC ID IS -SLPS01223-

that is not correct. both GameIDs need to be the same (SLPS01222).. the system won't get confused.

minister_bob

Hooray!!

I figured out how to transfer memory cards from one GameID to another. If this has been said before, I'm sorry, I just figured it out, so I figured I'd share :) Basically its pretty simple. If you have old saves you want to use on your new GameID'd PSX Game, just rename the folder in /PSP/GAME/SAVEDATA to something else (say, OLD_GAME_SAVES). Then, start your new PSX->PSP converted game with the corrected GameID, and get to a point where the memory card is accessed (for me, I'm working with FF8, so I simply went to 'Continue' in the main menu and checked the memory cards, which, of course, were empty) Then, shut down the game, and access your MSPD however you normally do (either over the PSP, in a card reader, telepathically, etc.) Navigate to the savegame folder, and see the new directory which is named for your corrected GameID (or however else you named it). Then, just copy ALL of the files EXCEPT CONFIG.BIN AND PARAMS.SFO from the *OLD* memory card into the *NEW* directory, overwriting anything in there. Then, just boot up the game, and viola! Your old memory cards are usable! Now I can finally finish the Dollett Comm. Tower portion without starting over :D Just thought I'd share, and good luck to you all!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Do you think I should use this to fix the freezing whenever I exit buildings on Digimon World 3??

could try it. doesn't work on all games but worth a try.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Okay do I just change the gameID when I go to extract the EBOOT from the .bin file? (In PSX2PSP)

wait, what? EBOOT or bin, it doesn't matter. Just open it up from the ISO/PBP field in PSX2PSP. Should display a GameID then, so change it to the one specified in this thread. Then hit convert.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

anadriall

Well, just wondering but have you ever tried Dragon Warrior VII? I'm having trouble getting that one to work as well because whenever I select the .bin file, it doesn't even find a game title or anything like it does with everything else.. Which is odd... To me at least.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well, just wondering but have you ever tried Dragon Warrior VII? I'm having trouble getting that one to work as well because whenever I select the .bin file, it doesn't even find a game title or anything like it does with everything else.. Which is odd... To me at least.

Yeah, I have DQ VII and it works fine. Not certain why it'd be doing that - you sure the bin file isn't corrupted or anything?

What program are you using to dump the bin file?