• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

pleas help, im half way to having a shiney paper weight...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
nah its not having it, gonna pinch my mates gta tomorrow... sorry to be so much hassle to ya mate, its well appreciated. is it ok to get some help if i get stuck tomorrow please? and is there anyway of donating to the site?

sure, hopefully his copy of GTA is an unpatched one (one that has firmware 2.0 update on the UMD).

nevster

excellent thanks m8. yeah its the one with the 2.0 update, turns out it was his one a borrowed to do my semi bricked psp in the first place... just thought, does it still matter what motherboard i have? because i havn't checked yet

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
excellent thanks m8. yeah its the one with the 2.0 update, turns out it was his one a borrowed to do my semi bricked psp in the first place... just thought, does it still matter what motherboard i have? because i havn't checked yet

nope, the 3.03 downgrade can be used on any PSP motherboard.

nevster

right ive started the downgrade, and i think im having problems, the gta game got to the loading screen, went black and its stayed black for the last few mins, not reseted or nothing... im guessing this has just gone really wrong...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
right ive started the downgrade, and i think im having problems, the gta game got to the loading screen, went black and its stayed black for the last few mins, not reseted or nothing... im guessing this has just gone really wrong...

You are following this guide right?

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=525

shut down the PSP and try again. HEN doesn't always boot successfully the first time, it may take more than a few tries before you get the light blue flash.

nevster

will the game run its self to the loading screen or should i push buttons to get it there quicker, also how long should i leave it till i restart on 2nd go now and no blue screen, should the blue come up straight away?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
will the game run its self to the loading screen or should i push buttons to get it there quicker, also how long should i leave it till i restart on 2nd go now and no blue screen, should the blue come up straight away?

well, make the game get to the loading screen then after that it will load the save. If successful, you should see a light blue flash and then the PSP will return back to the main menu screen.

btw, you are on firmware 3.03 right? Before you said you were on 2.81.. just want to make sure you upgraded.

nevster

OK ALL GOING GOOD AND MY MEMORYS SLOWLY COMING BACK TO ME, IM AT THE CORRUPT DATA SCREEN, I JUST PRESS O TO RESTORE YEAH?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
OK ALL GOING GOOD AND MY MEMORYS SLOWLY COMING BACK TO ME, IM AT THE CORRUPT DATA SCREEN, I JUST PRESS O TO RESTORE YEAH?

yeah

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

nevster

whats the sdk folder all about? and do i need to add it to the ms? also if so where do i put it on the root like the seplugins folder?

nevster

hello again, im about to create the pandora battery and magic ms, reading your guide VERY carefully lol and was wondering, once ive done step 1 (making the magic ms) do i use the same ms to create the battery or do i need to use a different one?
thanks