• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"Easy Updater" CF programs don't work?

SauceyWombat

I'm using my Dell Dimension 3000 with Windows XP SP2.

I found a very helpful YouTube tutorial to Upgrade From 1.50 To 3.52M33 by angelmikey511 with a link to PSP Upgrader/Downgrader v1.11 created by Bob Joe.

I found another very helpful YouTube video titled How To Upgrade From 3.52 M33 To 3.71 M33 with a link to pspfreak101's 3.71 M33 Easy Installer

It appears that I can run 3.40 OE-A Easy Installer. I found that file download by watching angelmikey511's "Upgrade 1.50 to 3.40oe-a (Step-By-Step)". I guess this is better than 1.5 CF that I'm sitting with at the moment, but I really want to end up with 3.71 M33 v.4 (most current patch/update?).

My problem is that neither the 3.52 M33 or 3.71 M33 "Easy Installers" will run on my computer. Has anyone been able to run either of these files using Windows XP? Is there anything I can do to get either of these files to work?

Are there any "Easy Installers" for 3.52 M33 or 3.71 M33 that DO work with Windows XP?

Acerthief

hm...
I'd say just go with the guides we have here.
Easy Installers are too risky, mostly brickers lying around in the internet world.

What firmware do you have?

oh BTW the latest firmware is 3.71M33-2.

SauceyWombat

Thanks for your reply. I found the problem though. For some unknown reason (to me anyway) WinZip doesn't open any .rar files. All I needed to do was download WinRar & everything opened up just fine.

Why in the world isn't it mentioned ANYWHERE that if these files won't open then try to open 'em with WinRar? I've read countless posts all over the internet that these files don't work with XP. I'm guessing that's because all of us XP users are only familiar with our built in WinZip & assume it will decompress any type of compressed or zipped file.

Anyway, I used the 3.52 M33 easy installer (thank you WinRar) & am now the proud owner of a fully functional Custom Firmware installed PSP!

WooT!

{Edit} I forgot to add my thanks for the heads up on 3.71 M33-2 :)

I came accross a few posts along my internet travels today that mentioned that I'll have to update 3.52 M33 to 3.52 M33-1 or 2 or 3 or 4 BEFORE I can safely upgrade to 3.71 M33 Is that true? Or can I go straight from 3.52M33 to upgrade to 3.71M33?

Thanks for your time :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I came accross a few posts along my internet travels today that mentioned that I'll have to update 3.52 M33 to 3.52 M33-1 or 2 or 3 or 4 BEFORE I can safely upgrade to 3.71 M33 Is that true? Or can I go straight from 3.52M33 to upgrade to 3.71M33?

Thanks for your time :)

You can update directly to 3.52 M33-4 as the updates are accumulative. From there, install 3.71 M33.