• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r1 Hires

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Mame_28x8x200dpi.jpg

Homebrew developer TTYMan has updated his port of MAME the Multi Arcade Machine Emulator to version 4.9 r1 hires edition. Changes include various bug fixes as well as compatibility with the PSP Slim.
[blockquote2]Fixed from 4.7r3 (same as 4.8r1 unreleased)

- Crash when sampled used.
- Unified builds, thanks to new Z80 core, Mame 0.53 based, compatible with system16, Neo Geo and classic roms.
- Implemented PSP-2000 (slim) specific support, so double memory available to load roms, thanks to keiich-san code.[/blockquote2]
Download PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r1 Hires

PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r1 Hires [TTYMan]

icedman204

I wonder if this new version actually loads the old school X-men, Simpsons archade games. Becuase I do know the previous ones loaded only "Superman" another game I used to play at the archades back in the day. But having both the simpsons and X-men to play would comeplete some of my old school archade gaming needs (espcially since this update is based on mame 0.53 which should support at least the X-men game)

shinxpsp

Great job (fat psp) /(slim does not work though)

i can't get this to work on my psp slim
not even with a e-loader.

I can get it to work on my psp fat..
maybe something is wrong.

Like the readme said, use the map containing the folders as base place them in de 3.xx (game folder) . and the replace the eboot with the correct eboot (in this case the one in the slim folder)

Well i tried all on my slim. and they don't work. They do work on my fatpsp.
i can get the roms to work on my fat psp most of them work. with the ZIP that is added to the download.

Thanks for this great work! keep it hope, maybe a slim fix will be released soon. cu

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I couldn't get it to work on my Slim either, hopefully he fixes it up in the next release.

delta191

Me to, same problems, phat version works, slim doesn't appear to work. still unstable with some roms but the sample support is a big bonus with this release for the phat version.

delta191

webnapster - most of the bigger games, ie over a couple of meg just dont run yet in my experience and the ones that do run very slow. smaller games under 300k bytes tend to run very well.

lets hope the extra ram support on the slim release makes things faster.

the compatibility in this release is much better than the hires v3 release.

remember you need mame roms versions 0.34 - 0.36 and the old 0.34 .sam sound samples for this to work, using later mame roms versions will cause you big problems!