• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Firmware 3.71 Decrypted, New PSARDumper Released

nevster

hiya sorry to keep bugging but im trying to get remote play to work with my ps3 and my psp, i have the needed files from the 3.72 ofw, and i did the flash0 to look at the folders to put them in and saw i dont have a module folder, i have a podule folder though lol thought i'd ask before i start sticking files there, made that mistake last time lol

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You definitely have a module folder... make sure you have "show hidden files and folders" enabled in Windows, as I believe its a hidden folder.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
wenever i try mt psar dumper it says 'The game could not be started.' (80020148)

wats up???

What firmware do you have installed? If it is an official firmware such as 3.71 then you cannot run this. PSARDumper, like any homebrew application, can only be run on custom firmware.

Concept17

ok ive been reading forums and what not but , IS there any possible way to downgrade 3.71 to 1.50? I do not know how to pandora battery shit, and i dont want to buy a new battery, because the one i have works. SO is there anyway?

Acerthief

ok ive been reading forums and what not but , IS there any possible way to downgrade 3.71 to 1.50? I do not know how to pandora battery, and i dont want to buy a new battery, because the one i have works. SO is there anyway?

nope, there's no other way than Pandora.

and please, watch your language.

Concept17

yea sorry bout that heh. So i need another Battery to do this? And what kind of Memory stick do i need, i have a 1gb stick

Acerthief

yea sorry bout that heh. So i need another Battery to do this? And what kind of Memory stick do i need, i have a 1gb stick

no you don't need an extra battery, because after you can convert the battery back to it's normal state. 1GB is fine. but you'll need a homebrew-compatible PSP to help you convert the files.

You can check out the noobz.eu forums and see if there's people willing to help. (there's a thread where people post saying that they would help. :D)

Acerthief

homebrew that you need?
sorry man don't get you quite there.

all the stuff needed will be in the archive of the guides. :D

also i heard that you cant convert the PB back to normal
yup i said that already in the previous posts.:)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
well how do i enable homebrew on my psp?

You need to install custom firmware, which can only be accomplished on 3.71 by using a Pandora battery and magic memory stick.

Someone with a homebrew-enabled PSP (meaning one that has custom firmware installed) will have to convert the battery and install the memory stick files for you. It's the only way.

Concept17

.....this is the most complicated thing ive ever had to mod. I have no friends that have homebrew, or a psp for that matter. dont really got any money to ship it off either. Make a downgrader!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
is there a way to downgrade to like 3.52? then downgrade from there to 1.50?

Unfortunately no. Like I said, with 3.71 the only way is Pandora. There are simple software downgraders for older firmwares such as 2.71 and 3.03 but not 3.71 due to added security.

Concept17

Couldnt i just download the firmware files to my comp and put them onto my pc, then to my mem stick, then downgrade with my pandora battery? i got version 3.71. I just dont understand why i have to have a firmwared psp to help me

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Couldnt i just download the firmware files to my comp and put them onto my pc, then to my mem stick, then downgrade with my pandora battery? i got version 3.71. I just dont understand why i have to have a firmwared psp to help me

Indeed you can skip the part of using a custom firmware PSP to generate the firmware files and instead download them straight to your memory stick. However, the files are illegal to distribute so I can't help you there.