• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Microsoft Sued Over Halo 3 Crashes

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
halo35.jpg

Randy Nunez, a San Diego resident, has filed charges against Microsoft for allegedly failing to fix in-game Halo 3 crashes. In his court filing, Nunez said that the crashes are frequent and specifically cause "the Xbox 360 to crash, freeze, or lock up while the game is being played."

Nunez claims that the problem is widespread and that Bungie or Microsoft have yet to make an attempt in fixing the issue, such as recalling the game or issuing a downloadable patch.[blockquote2]Although faced with repeated and mounting consumer complaints and inquiries concerning this operational flaw in Halo 3, the defendants have failed to recall Halo 3 or otherwise remedy its failure to function on the Xbox 360.[/blockquote2]
Nunez believes that Microsoft is in violation of consumer protection laws and is seeking $5 million in damages in addition to attorneys fees and expenses.

Microsoft never can catch a break, can they? Looks like the shoddy hardware found in early Xbox 360 units has come back to haunt them. As for Nunez's issue, I suspect it's not a problem with Halo 3 itself, but rather his 360 hardware.

Microsoft hit with $5 million lawsuit over Halo 3, Xbox 360 problems [Ars]

Kwipper

This has got to be the most retarded thing I have ever read. I'm sorry, but if this guy wins this case, then this means I an sue Microsoft for everytime Windows XP has crashed on me.