• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Memory Card Troubleshoot

MoloMowChow

I just bought a new 2 GB PRO DUO memory card for my PSP from EB Games.

When I connect to my computer via USB, and view the PSP drive, it seems that there are absolutely no files visible in there (all the folder directories are there, but they are empty. Either because they aren't there or I cannot see it.)

This left me confused. I checked the System Information, it seems the version is already 3.52 M33 (which is weird, cause I haven't even tried implementing custom firmware into this card yet. It's newly bought.)

Also, I found out after once connecting to the computer and disconnecting, when I try to connect again it does not show. The USB screen is stuck on "Please Wait" (and trust me, I waited for a long time), and my computer can't seem to "recognize" the USB connection.

I formatted the card, and tried again. I could connect again, but again all the folders were empty.

After I kepy formatting and connecting, the chances of me successfully reconnecting seemed random. Also, sometimes not even the folders would be visible upon connection.

I had a 1 GB memory card before this, with custom firmware already all on it. It works fine and dandy (it is version 3.52 M33).

I was not the one who originally owned this PSP. This was bought from Hong Kong, and the orginal owner had seemed to already tampered the PSP so it can play downloaded games.

All I did was update the custom firmware to play newer games.

So essentially, I don't know much about PSP homebrew and custom firmware and such.

I'd like to ask for help on the problem with my new memory card.

EDIT: I tried formatting the PRO DUO memory card with a card reader on a computer. (as a fat32 file system). It failed, and i noticed 300 mb missing. I formatted it on my PSP this time and the MB came back.

EDIT #2: It seems to have started freezing on my Card Readr as well.

Acerthief

Refer to THIS thread here and see if you have a fake memory card.

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
I think you got the wrong idea about custom firmwares... They don't go onto your memory stick. So... even without a memory stick it'll still show 3.52 m33 also you just have to put in the files you want to use in the appropirate folder within your memory stick and it'll work fine.

Luffy Sama

I get this error 80020148
and I think it is cause of running iso game on fake mem. stick

how to make it run w/o error

january39

eXo Staff
If you are on CFW. Change UMD drive in recovery. If you are using OFW then your adventure ends here.