• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.80 M33 Coming, Third PSP Model In The Works?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Mathieulh and Dark_AleX have confirmed that work on custom firmware 3.80 M33 has already commenced. There is no set release date at this time, but expect to see a release in the near future.

While working on 3.80 M33, the two found a peculiar string in the IPL's payload file -- pspbtcnf_03g.bin. What does this mean? Well, flashback to a few months ago when a string referring to pspbtcnf_02g.bin was found in firmware 2.71. Once the PSP Slim was finally released, it was discovered that "02g" was none other than a codename for the slim hardware.

Could "03g" be the codename for a third PSP hardware revision? Perhaps for the rumored PSP phone? It's possible.

A new PSP model in the works? [LAN.ST]

porchemasi

Most likely a PSP SLIMv2 that uses a different recovery method stoping Pandora Battery from working ... I doubt it would be an entire new concept of the PSP ... it would have been mentioned ...

PAinKiLLa

I don't like the slim the wide boy is better built. maybe if there is a slim 2 they will make it usable in massive hands.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
i have psp3.80 can i update it to 3.80M33 without pandoras battery.

very short answer: no

you could put custom firmware onto it using pandora's battery but since pandora's battery has been released,there is no need to make any more downgraders like they used to.
the easiest way to put custom firmware onto your PSP would be to get a friend with custom firmware to make a pandoras battery

Acerthief

but i upgrade it from custom firmware 3.71M33 so why cant i update it to 3.80 M33

3.71M33 is a bit different from other custom firmware. It unpatches key5.
Which in this case, when you run a updater that has a version higher than 3.71 it will run. A patched key 5 will return a DADADADA code (written by DAX of course).

And now you are on custom firmware. Meaning the most important thing - ability to run homebrew - is lost. Therefore if you want to want update to 3.80M33(which isn't out yet), you are not able to

Even if DAX made the 3.80M33 Updater like a official updater (like 3.71M33), you are not able to run it because (well it's a homebrew as well) and the updater version is 3.80, and you firmware is as high as the updater, the system will reply that you don't need to upgrade.

Sorry for a long explanation.

Anton338

No... Sony just probably found a glitch in the new psp slim and their just gonna fix it by making something totaly different like the psp v2, but its still gonna be known as the psp slim cuz they'll probably

Anton338

No, they probably just realized that they released the psp slim too soon and left out one particular glitch that still lets it run homebrew... anyways, i bet they are just gonna start releasing a new type of psp slim that would be known as psp slim v2 for sony and haxors... :p, Hence the new file name...

NOBODY BUY NEW PSPs!!

Juliet

An easter egg for the 3G? I don't think PSP Phone and ordinary PSPs will use the same F/W. PSP Phone's software must be more complicated. Maybe, a new Slim version with onboard cam for Messenger plug-in. When will it be out?

jessica

Mathieulh and Dark_AleX have confirmed that work on custom firmware 3.80 M33 has already commenced. There is no set release date at this time, but expect to see a release in the near future.

While working on 3.80 M33, the two found a peculiar string in the IPL's payload file - pspbtcnf_03g.bin. What does this mean? Well, flashback to a few months ago when a string referring to pspbtcnf_02g.bin was found in firmware 2.71. Once the PSP Slim was finally released, it was discovered that "02g" was none other than a codename for the slim hardware.

Could "03g" be the codename for a third PSP hardware revision? Perhaps for the rumored PSP phone? It's possible.

jesica
www.entertainmentvenues.org