• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

A tiny secret in firmware 3.80

dennis96411

You guys know the new Internet Radio on firmware 3.80? Well, at first we all thought it was a real app, but turn out this "app" is actually a webpage. I've open the prs file with notepad and found something:A link to a webpage. Don't believe me then take a look at these:

Internet Radio I(ShoutCast):
http://radio.psp.dl.playstation.net/psp/radio/player/PLAYER_I/index.html

Internet Radio II(Icecast[whatever it is]):
http://radio.psp.dl.playstation.net/psp/radio/player/PLAYER_II/index.html

But it does not work well on pc, now that is something weird@#~
But still, it's cool for the official firmware users, not the cfw users because we have a real app PSPRadio.
Thanks for looking at this useless thread anyway, just wanna share some secret.

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
has anyone tried going to these links? (In other firmware)

No it doesnt, found out about that quickly and actually posted the links on the 3.80 released forum

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
I believe it uses some kinda webpage script that normal browsers like I.E and firefox won't execute w/o add-ons.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I believe it uses some kinda webpage script that normal browsers like I.E and firefox won't execute w/o add-ons.

But I guess none of us will never know, for who actually uses IE!? FOOLS, THAT'S WHO. Hehe. Anyway, that's actually kinda cool.

rabbit

Awesome
They said it's going to be a public thing like SHOUTcast, so there may not be a need to change anything.

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
But I guess none of us will never know, for who actually uses IE!? FOOLS, THAT'S WHO. Hehe. Anyway, that's actually kinda cool.
As much as i hate to admit it over 70% of the world's population browse the web using internet explore.:glare:(it's pre-installed and free=godly for computer illiterate people).

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
As much as i hate to admit it over 70% of the world's population browse the web using internet explore.:glare:(it's pre-installed and free=godly for computer illiterate people).

Jah jah jah, I know, I know, I know. Just terrible to think about... Thanks in advance for the nightmares for the next several nights.:bored:

dennis96411

I think it has a file in flash0 to make the radio work.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
man i used msn explorer till about 3 months ago. Basically when i got into game stuff modding. basically any of my friends with a com use ie, everytime they open it im like nooooo. get firefox or something. Then i explain some stuff and they dont understand. sry to go off topic.