• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Upgrade to 3.52 M33 from 3.40 OE-A

Clyde18

Thanks to x3sphere and the rest of the friendly community here, I managed to downgrade my 3.71 M33-2 to 3.40 OE-A

But I've decided to upgrade to 3.52 M33. Can I use this guide to upgrade, or must i downgrade to 1.50 first? I've not tried this before so i'd like to ask to be sure. Thanks.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Well if you want to get real technical going from 3.40OE-A to 3.52M33 would be upgrading, not downgrading:p... But yes, you can just use that guide, no need to go back down to 1.5 again.:smile:

Clyde18

Well if you want to get real technical going from 3.40OE-A to 3.52M33 would be upgrading, not downgrading:p... But yes, you can just use that guide, no need to go back down to 1.5 again.:smile:

Oops... wah, i got a typo there. I'll change it :blushing:

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'll go upgrade with confidence now haha :w00t:

Acerthief

To let you know, If you want to change to firmwares before 3.52M33, you can just change it without going to 1.5 first (like you can go 3.10 -> 3.40 -> 3.03 -> 3.52 -> 3.51)

As for 3.71M33 however, it uses the "official updater" along with DAX(the author or OE/M33 firmwares) codes in it.
Some internal stuff are changed, therefore it can't be in the "I-wanna-go-directly-to-this-firmware"group.

Clyde18

To let you know, If you want to change to firmwares before 3.52M33, you can just change it without going to 1.5 first (like you can go 3.10 -> 3.40 -> 3.03 -> 3.52 -> 3.51)

As for 3.71M33 however, it uses the "official updater" along with DAX(the author or OE/M33 firmwares) codes in it.
Some internal stuff are changed, therefore it can't be in the "I-wanna-go-directly-to-this-firmware"group.

Thanks for making things so clear to me Acerthief. I just love everyone here in exophase!