• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.80 M33-2 Update

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

Following the anticipated release of PSP custom firmware 3.80 M33, developer Dark_AleX has issued a bug fix update to the firmware.

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder to /PSP/GAME folder

This update fixes a couple of issues.

- Function scePowerGetClockFrequency/scePowerGetClockFrequencyInt was not resolved properly due to a
confussion between the two nids applying to the same function. Fixed, this update is necessary
for plugins and kernel homebrew reporting psp cpu speed.

- PSX EBOOT.PBP that have a icon of 80x80 pixels will not be replaced by Dracula icon in savedata.

Explanation of icon issue:
In 3.80 pops, Sony has introduced a bug that causes a crash when the icon of the pbp is not 80x80,
like those of psstore. To resolve the issue, M33 was replacing the icon in ram by the one with Dracuala image,
what caused the side effect of ps1 save games having Dracula icon.

Now the behaviour in 3.80 M33-2 is to replace the icon in ram only if the one in the file is not 80x80.

As we reported earlier, 3.80 M33 includes a new feature to update the firmware directly via Network Update. This requires an active WiFi connection, so if you are without WiFi, download the update below and follow the manual instructions to update.

Finally, please note that 3.80 M33 must be installed before applying this update. You can check out our 3.80 M33 install guide for detailed setup and installation instructions.

Download PSP Custom Firmware 3.80 M33-2 Update

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer [Dark_AleX]

Ztryfe

Now, that was fast.... all ready updated using Dark_Alex's mod to the SCE updater..

Wonderful!

Thanks again DAX!

cooldude75ph

3.80 m33 users can directly download and update their fw using the "Network Update" feature :D without using the pc to download and to transfer to psp the update.

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
Why does it have to be replaced by a dracula icon anyway-.-???

Edit: After reading the pandora guide again i saw the 3.80 M33 being unable to create pandora batteries, but i saw this homebrew maybe it would work? Someone test it on 3.80 M33. http://dl.qj.net/General-Apps/pg/12/fid/15512/catid/151

OH yea.. this thing also works with slim batteries(or so claimed by it's testers)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was under the impression that popsloader wasn't working with 3.80 M33 yet. Has this been fixed with the update?

No not yet, popsloader itself needs to be updated, so it'll be a separate release.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Ellises

I don't know if other people have problems with downloaded PSN games, but now my bought Beats don't work half the time in the new 3.80 firmware, I just get an error that says "The game could not be started"... And then other times it loads.

Also a note, the license file hash changed, so that means the encryption is linked to the firmware.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't know if other people have problems with downloaded PSN games, but now my bought Beats don't work half the time in the new 3.80 firmware, I just get an error that says "The game could not be started"... And then other times it loads.

Also a note, the license file hash changed, so that means the encryption is linked to the firmware.

All signs point to it being a problem with M33, as the games seem to work perfect all the time in official firmware. DAX is looking into it... Sony apparently made some big changes to the memory stick driver.

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
Ummm What are the major pros of updating to 3.80M33 from 3.71M33 Cause without popsloader and all great stuff mostly working off 1.5 kernel (daedelus, gpSP , CPS2(for phat), snesx9tyl. ect.) What does 3.80 have to offer in comparison????
P.S Im not being critical im just asking

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
3.80 M33 1.5 kernel is released already and 3.80 M33 popsloader's on it's way. 3.80 M33 has the new internet radio feature and more visualizors+colors.

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
KK in that case ill wait for popsloader wat is it with that dracula thing can someone please explain

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
KK in that case ill wait for popsloader wat is it with that dracula thing can someone please explain

Don't worry about it, it's fixed in 3.80 M33-2.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so now some emu like gpSP and snesx9tyl can work fine with 3.80 M33-2??

They worked on 3.80 M33 as well. Make sure you're using the 3.X kernel versions of gpSP and SNES9XTYL.