• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.80 M33 Released

cyrus

thanks for the reminder i just forgot i set it off to 1.50 kernel last night..thanks again XD

nevster

Remote play works now incase anyone was wondering :)

just read on the update thread and ppl mentioned that pandoras battery wont work with 3.80, and that theres information on making a new one on qj, is this true?
thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Remote play works now incase anyone was wondering :)

just read on the update thread and ppl mentioned that pandoras battery wont work with 3.80, and that theres information on making a new one on qj, is this true?
thanks

Hellcat just released a new version of his Pandora installer, compatible with 3.80 M33. The guide here isn't setup for this program though, so I'll need to update it.

XJ.08

I have a big problem when I install the 3.80M33 when the second step come Like the sony setUp it give thi kind of error DRNFFFFFFD7 with a note " The system configuration of this PSP system does not appear to be correct.
The update cannot be completad.
Contact technical support for assistance."
Plz help me If there a pandora for this castom Plz give it to me
and bye
T.C.

Acerthief

I have a big problem when I install the 3.80M33 when the second step come Like the sony setUp it give thi kind of error DRNFFFFFFD7 with a note " The system configuration of this PSP system does not appear to be correct.
The update cannot be completad.
Contact technical support for assistance."
Plz help me If there a pandora for this castom Plz give it to me
and bye
T.C.

I suppose you have custom firmware?
Check your keys with KeyCleaner, and see how the results are.
(Don't unpatch key5 if you have TA-082/86 mobo)

XJ.08

I suppose you have custom firmware?
Check your keys with KeyCleaner, and see how the results are.
(Don't unpatch key5 if you have TA-082/86 mobo)

Thanks very much you helped very much now I'm in 3.80M33-4
Thank you very much I don't know what to say for you
and bye T.C.

spantch101

hey thnx for new CFW i upgraded a couple nights ago ..i just have a question.. what happened to the 01-12.bmp file in my flash0 . i used to have a black background with my custom wave sets but i cant find this file so i cannot change it..i'm forced to use one of the 12 sony color presets
can sumbody help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
o that file is located in flash0:vsh\resource but it's missing:(

It shows up for me. Make sure you have show hidden files on if you're running a Windows based OS.

nathanmoon

Programmer. Procrastinator.
hey x3sphere, i'm nathan. whenever i try to upgrade my blue psp to 371 M33 or 380 M33 it says check idstorage degeneration. can u help me by explaining this problem and giving me the url for a tool to fix it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

nathanmoon

Programmer. Procrastinator.
hey x3sphere i tried the key cleaner. it didnt work that well but when i updated to 380 M33 from my 352 M33-4 Japanese-1000 PSP it still doesnt work. it says some psp error DRN.......... Then i did a master reset and then my psp bricked. i tried using the first Pandora Battery but when it finished it couldnt even start. i'm devastated. Please Help. I think it has to do with my PSP since it is Japanese-1000 TA082/TA086.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey x3sphere i tried the key cleaner. it didnt work that well but when i updated to 380 M33 from my 352 M33-4 Japanese-1000 PSP it still doesnt work. it says some psp error DRN.......... Then i did a master reset and then my psp bricked. i tried using the first Pandora Battery but when it finished it couldnt even start. i'm devastated. Please Help. I think it has to do with my PSP since it is Japanese-1000 TA082/TA086.
Well I never heard of anyone's PSP getting bricked by KeyCleaner before can you still access recovery mode by holding R at startup?

Acerthief

Did you unpatch key5? That might be the problem. It would be a full brick if you had unpatched key5.

The region of the PSP isn't the problem, I have a Japanese PSP-1000 TA-086 myself. :D

Gwapingn8

quick question... i'm planning to buy a slim... i'm pretty good with downgrading and doing all these custom firmware on the phat psp.. and i do it for family and relatives.... i could even make a business out of this but no thanks... anyways, my point is i'm all good with doing the custom firmware on phat psp.... does it differ with the slim psp? or is there a different procedure.. i mean, do i downgrade the slim through the 3.5 downgrader then up i to 3.52 m33 then 3.52-4 m33, then eventually 3.80 m33 with the 1.5 add-on? or is there a totally different route? and also, slim psp and lite psp is the same right, just different name calling? sorry for the newb questions, i have never done a slim psp yet, so i don't really want to make a mess out of one. thanks!

Acerthief

quick question... i'm planning to buy a slim... i'm pretty good with downgrading and doing all these custom firmware on the phat psp.. and i do it for family and relatives.... i could even make a business out of this but no thanks... anyways, my point is i'm all good with doing the custom firmware on phat psp.... does it differ with the slim psp? or is there a different procedure.. i mean, do i downgrade the slim through the 3.5 downgrader then up i to 3.52 m33 then 3.52-4 m33, then eventually 3.80 m33 with the 1.5 add-on? or is there a totally different route? and also, slim psp and lite psp is the same right, just different name calling? sorry for the newb questions, i have never done a slim psp yet, so i don't really want to make a mess out of one. thanks!

Slims don't have 1.5 kernel, therefore there's no more "downgrade" progress.
They use "Pandora" (now called a "Universal Unbricker") to flash the firmware directly to the PSP. I suppose you have a custom firmware PSP? Use the guide HERE and make it!

It's better if you have an extra phat PSP battery and a memory stick. It's okay if you don't, you'll just have to convert it back.